Maintenance & Facilities Coordinator
Closing date: October 25th, 2021
|Job Title:||Maintenance & Facilities Coordinator|
|Responsible to:||Housing Services Manager|
|Hours of Work:||37.5 hrs per week|
|Location:||YMCA properties in Liverpool, Knowsley, Sefton,|
|Salary and benefits:
Holiday entitlement is days plus bank holidays
5% contributing pension
The post holder will be based across YMCA Housing Services, across Liverpool, Sefton and Knowsley performing maintenance and repairs to buildings, grounds and equipment. Alongside compliance checks e.g., water monitoring, fire and testing of equipment.
Hours of Work
The post holder will be working Monday to Friday during office hours with occasional out of hours call out for emergencies.
The post holder will be required to ensure compliance, conduct inspections/checks/testing, carry out and/or supervise repair & maintenance works. Ensuring activities comply with the organisation’s policies and procedures, Health & Safety legislation, and local and environmental regulations. To liaise with the Health & Safety and Compliance Manager in ensuring all tasks are carried out to a high standard and in a timely manner by working efficiently & effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake planned, preventative maintenance tasks, diagnosing and fixing where possible any reactive issues that may occur, and other tasks deemed appropriate, ensuring procedures are adhered to and positive interaction with internal and external contacts is achieved.
- Maintain all regular building checks in line with regulations and guidelines. This includes such tasks as water monitoring, fire safety checks and tests, and other such tasks that maybe required.
- PAT testing of electrical equipment.
- Checking Fire doors including minor adjustments.
- Change light bulbs and carry out such electrical repairs as are within the post holder’s scope.
- Assemble and move furniture
- Assist Manager in handling contractors and suppliers, to ensure agreed standards are achieved and that work is carried out in line with health & safety as well as environmental requirements.
- Ensure all contractor and supplier documentation is kept up to date.
- Compile & Maintain data, records and reports as required by the Organisation.
- To support the Housing Services Team to ensure compliance with all regulations and legislative responsibilities associated with the organisation’s sites. E.g. Legionella, Asbestos, Fire Safety etc.
- To complete weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual Health & Safety checks and maintain appropriate records.
- Ensure water temperatures at storage, transfer and outlet points within the services are checked in accordance with the Health & Safety Policy and carry out routine maintenance of water systems.
- Ensure all office equipment remains in good working order.
- Carrying out minor decoration activities to ensure offices remain in good condition.
- The role is predominantly based across Liverpool and Sefton sites.
- This job role involves manual handling tasks, such as furniture and archiving box moves (training will be given as required).
- It will be necessary for the post holder to hold a full current driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
Health and Safety
- Always ensure the safety of yourself and others on the premises in which you work
- Conduct Health and Safety checks as required
- Report, log and communicate all incidents to the appropriate people
- Ensure adherence to YMCA Together visitor’s policy and procedure
- Adhere to all Risk Management Protocols
- Excellent communication with all YMCA Together service users and staff
- Flexible and positive approach with all service users and team members
- To be committed to learning and personal development both as an individual and as part of a team
- Sharing information and expertise with the team, covering absence, and working together to provide a high-quality service
- Attend team meetings as required
- Develop excellent working relationships with stakeholders and contractors to ensure successful compliance at all properties.
- Attend meetings with external partners as required to develop the service to ensure all the KPI’s and outcomes are met.
- Uphold and develop YMCA Together Equal Opportunities policy of anti-discrimination across all services
- Ensure compliance with Code of conduct, including professional boundaries and confidentiality
- Deal promptly with all complaints
- Report all safeguarding incidents
- Familiarise yourself with and ensure compliance with all YMCA Together policies and procedures
- Prepare for and attend supervision and annual appraisal with your line manager taking direction as appropriate and contributing to the development of both yourself and the service
The post holder will be expected to carry out other duties consistent with the responsibilities of the post and to demonstrate flexibility in all areas of their work including the willingness to attend team meetings and training outside of your normal working hours.
It is recognised that the association is operating in a dynamic environment and as such this job description may be varied in consultation with the post holder to reflect evolving needs of the business and changing nature of the job
|Qualifications||► Good standard of literacy and numeracy
► A valid full driving licence with access to own vehicle
|► IOSH Working/Managing Safely Certificate or equivalent Qualification in training
► PAT testing Certificate of Competence
|► At least two years’ experience working within a housing environment
► Experience of troubleshooting problems and delivering creative solutions
► Experience of partnership working with skilled trades and contractors
► An above average knowledge of electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and mechanical systems
|► Experience of using Building Management Systems
|► Understanding of current legal and legislative responsibilities related to Asbestos, Legionella, Fire Safety, Manual Handling, Working At Height, COSHH, Building Regulations etc
► A clear understanding and specific knowledge in repairs and maintenance challenges within housing services.
► Understanding of building practices, services, and materials
|► Knowledge of the Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT)
|► Computer literate, competent in working with Microsoft word, outlook , windows
► Ability to maintain a high level of concentration and awareness when carrying out building audits and investigations to diagnose the issue, whilst maintaining a high level of safety
► Ability to travel to/from YMCA sites
► Ability to provide technical advice to service users & colleagues
|► Ability to persuade/negotiate with contractors/suppliers about products and services
|► Committed to own personal development and CPD planning
► Creative and dynamic approach with the ability to “think outside of the box” when providing solutions
► Energetic, highly motivated with a reputation of being held in high regard by their peers
► Excellent interpersonal/ communication skills
► Excellent negotiation skills
► Committed to own career development
► Ability to work within and have commitment to YMCA Together’s ethos, philosophy and SHREK values, Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness.
► Energetic, dynamic and self motivated