Operational Lead for Homeless Services
Closing date: October 13th, 2021
|Job Title:||Operational Lead for Homeless Services|
|Responsible to:||Director of Homeless Services|
|Responsible for:||Allocated Homeless Service Managers|
|Hours of Work:||37.5 hrs per week (flexible working hours can be agreed)|
|Location:||YMCA Together – Leeds Street|
|Salary and benefits:
|£38,000 plus 5% on call allowance
Holiday entitlement is 30 days plus bank holiday
5% pension contribution
There will be an Assessment Day for this role in Liverpool on 21st October 2021, with Interviews on 22nd October 2021.
Main purpose of job:
The Homeless Lead is responsible for the effective operational management of our homeless supported Accommodation at Leeds Street, Ullet and Lister and the dispersed Services. The post holder will line manage the Homeless Service Managers at allocated sites and provide day to day support, management, and leadership within the organisation. Reporting to the Director of Homeless Services.
- Supporting the Operation Leadership Team in the delivery and development of high quality services achieved through the involvement of service users, staff and other stakeholders
- Providing Line Management support to members of the Operational Leadership Team
- Contributing to the wider thinking and planning of the organisation to ensure vision and objectives are embedded and achieved
- Establishing, promoting and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
- Effective management and development of the Operational Leadership Team to ensure the delivery of the quality and financial objectives.
- Ensure that company priorities and requirements are delivered to reflect – both within and outside the organisation – professional and exemplar services.
- Lead on maintaining and building strong partnerships across the city
- Maintain effective communications with the central staff teams.
- Ensure that the Quality Assessment Frameworks are continually monitored and sustained.
- Ensure adherence to health and safety legislative and regulatory requirements and YMCA policy standards.
- Chairing relevant Operational meetings, conducting work reviews, identifying training needs and providing supervisions.
- Lead disciplinary and grievance procedures when necessary
- Lead and manage by example
- Facilitate meetings and workshops as appropriate
- Assist in the development and updating of organisational policies
- Supervise, motivate and monitor training staff and freelances in their work
- Participate in the recruitment of staff and freelancers and lead on planning and overseeing their induction
- Ensure personnel records are correctly maintained
- Ensure effective communication with staff within YMCA Together
- Work flexibly to meet the changing needs of the organisation
- Undertake any other duties that may be reasonably requested
Professional Practice and Development
- Attend regular supervision sessions with the Director of Homeless Services in accordance with the supervision contract
- Maintain good professional practice and ensure ongoing development, through use of supervision and training
- Provide progress reports to the SLT and key stakeholders as required
- Keep up to date with research and practice to maintain knowledge necessary for this post
- Respect the confidentiality of service users using the service and be responsible for the security of personal and confidential information
- Carry out all these duties within the organisation’s safety guidelines
Person Specification – Homeless Lead
|Behaviour and Attributes||