Recruitment & HR Administrator – Fixed Term for 6 Months
Closing date: April 14th, 2023
Recruitment & HR Administrator
Hours of Work:
20 hours per week – Hybrid working, 3 days in the office and 1 day working from home
YMCA Together Leeds Street
Salary and benefits:
- £12,450 per annum
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays per annum, pro rata for part time
- Paid Medicash support
- Birthday Day Off
- Charity day of your choice
- Well-being hours
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme 4%
- Funded Training Opportunities
YMCA Together has been voted No1 Charity to work for by our employees in 2022. YMCA is a registered charity and company Limited by Guarantee. We were founded in 1846 and so we build on a long history of providing a place for people experiencing challenging times in their lives.
YMCA Together is a truly value driven organisation.
Our vision is that everyone should feel safe, understood, empowered and positive for their future. We meet our vision by working within our values of Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness. These SHREK values run through all that we do from recruitment to how we work alongside people in our services to our partnership approach with other providers.
Our clear vision and values come together to help us in our mission to inspire and support people to change their lives by instilling hope, valuing the person and maximising potential.
Hours of Work
The postholder will work 20 hours each week.
Main Purpose of Job
The HR Administrator will provide general administrative support for Human Resources across the organisation.
- Assist the HR Manager and HR Director in providing a comprehensive HR administration service
- Act as primary contact for HR queries and queries relating to HR systems, escalating all matters to the HR Manager where applicable
- Assist with employee relations related issues, taking an active role in supporting the HR Manager and HR Director with mediation, disciplinaries and grievances etc
- Take minutes within employee relations procedures
- To provide an effective Human Resources administration service relating to the employee lifecycle
- Prepare job adverts, recruitment documentation and posting vacancies internally and externally for all roles across the organisation
- Contact candidates to arrange interviews
- Prepare interview paperwork and schedule for hiring manager
- Conduct interviews with the hiring manager where applicable
- Process employee references, right to work and DBS checks
- Administer new starter documentation, such as offer letters and contracts, providing relevant information to payroll on a monthly basis
- Support the induction process alongside the HR team
- Administer changes such as job changes, promotions, salary increases and changes in working hours
- Ensure accurate records of all employees on the HR database and that all HR systems and spreadsheets are up to date
- Process all leavers
- Provide HR reports as required
- Administer the probation process advising managers when probations meetings need to take place and confirming the outcome of meetings to employees in writing
- Assist the HR Manager administer, promote and track employee benefits.
- Monitor feedback from employees and external agencies
- Ensure agreed reports are produced on a monthly/quarterly basis.
Health and Safety
- Ensure at all times the safety of yourself and others on the premises in which you work.
- Excellent communication with all YMCA Together employees ensuring your behaviours towards all employees are in line with YMCA Together SHREK values.
- Flexible and positive approach with all team members
- To be committed to learning and personal development both as an individual and as part of a team
- Sharing information and expertise with the team, covering absence, and working together to provide a high-quality service
- Attend team meetings as required.
- Develop excellent and robust relationships with external stakeholders and agencies as required.
- Uphold and develop YMCA Together Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy of anti-discrimination across all services
- Ensure compliance with code of conduct, including professional boundaries and confidentiality at all times
- Deal promptly with all complaints
- Report all safeguarding incidents
- Familiarize yourself with and ensure compliance with all YMCA Together policies and procedures
- Prepare for and attend supervision and annual appraisal with your line manager taking direction as appropriate and contributing to the development of both yourself and the service.
The post holder will be expected to carry out other duties consistent with the responsibilities of the post and to demonstrate flexibility in all areas of their work including the willingness to attend team meetings and training outside of your normal working hours.
It is recognised that YMCA Together is operating in a dynamic environment and as such this job description may be varied in consultation with the post holder to reflect evolving needs of the business and changing nature of the job.
Person Specification – Recruitment & HR Administrator
- Educated to level 2 or equivalent qualification
- Educated to minimum level 3 CIPD
- Holds an Associate CIPD Membership
- Strong administration background
- Experience of recruitment administration
- Working experience of maintaining up to date electronic records and calendars
- Experience of using Excel to produce reports and monitoring information
- Experience of working within a psychologically informed environment (PIE)
- Experience of working in a Human Resources Department
- A working knowledge of safer recruitment requirements
- A working knowledge of Health & Safety issues
- Knowledge and understanding of the importance of confidentiality and
- Knowledge of safeguarding protocols
- Knowledge and understanding of the importance of confidentiality and data protection regulations in relation to HR and training data
- Knowledge of health interventions
- Workable knowledge of People HR or HR databases
- Computer literate, competent in working with Microsoft word, outlook, windows and use of HR database systems
- Excellent communication, engagement and interpersonal skills
- Excellent administration skills and attention to detail
- Organisation skills and ability to prioritise
- Analytical, data collation and reporting skills
- Excellent personal and work organization skills
- Committed to own personal development and CPD planning
- Ability to deal with confidential information and maintain confidentiality is essential
- The ability to work independently and problem solve
- Excellent interpersonal/ communication skills
- Excellent negotiation/ mediation skills
- Committed to own career development
- Ability to work within and have commitment to YMCA ethos, philosophy and SHREK values, Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness.
- Energetic, dynamic and self-motivated
If you would like to apply for this role please click here APPLY NOW
To download a copy of our application form, please click HERE
If you would like to apply not directly through the website, please email your completed application form to email@example.com