Closing date: October 31st, 2023
Hours of Work:
Hours as required
YMCA Together Services
Salary and benefits:
YMCA Together is a registered charity and company Limited by Guarantee. We were founded in 1846 and so we build on a long history of providing a place for people experiencing challenging times in their lives.
YMCA Together is a truly value driven organisation.
Our vision is that everyone should feel safe, understood, empowered and positive for their future. We meet our vision by working within our values of Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness. These SHREK values run through all that we do from recruitment to how we work alongside people in our services to our partnership approach with other providers.
Our clear vision and values come together to help us in our mission to inspire and support people to change their lives by instilling hope, valuing the person and maximising potential.
To assist in the provision of effective, high quality support services with people who are experiencing challenging times in their lives.
These roles are available for anyone who would be able to support qualified and experienced staff in the support of the people we work alongside. Training will be provided for any new colleagues who have not worked in this sector before.
YMCA Together operate a flexible approach with ‘elastic tolerance’ when supporting people in crisis. This allows us to swiftly build a therapeutic rapport and remove any barriers to people engaging with support.
Duties and responsibilities
- To support experienced members of the support team with day-to-day tasks within services.
- Provide clear and accurate information in respect of the people we work alongside in line with agreed procedures such as daily handovers, ensuring that appropriate information is communicated with the team.
- To creatively support and engage with the people we work alongside who are experiencing a wide range of challenges in their lives.
- To support the monitoring of rent and personal service charge payments using housing management systems.
- Assist with room checks and support residents in the management of their room, relationships with others and to report any health and safety issues.
- Assist the Support Workers with welcome inductions into services and with conducting risk assessments.
- Assist the people we work alongside in their personal hygiene and of their room.
- To support in the turning around & cleaning of void rooms within limited timescales.
- Monitor emotional and mental wellbeing of the people we work alongside.
- Deal promptly with support for any serious incidents, complaints and safeguarding/abuse disclosures.
- Encourage involvement with activities and support within service and with external agencies.
Health and Safety
- Always ensure the safety of yourself and others on the premises in which you work.
- To conduct Health and Safety checks.
- Read and adhere to all risk management protocols.
- Ensure that risk assessments are updated.
- To report, log and communicate all incidents to the appropriate people in line with YMCA Together policies and procedures.
- To liaise with all emergency services when necessary.
- Conduct landing, welfare and observation checks as specified throughout the shift.
- Ensure adherence to YMCA Together visitor’s policy and procedure.
- Tackle any nuisance caused by people we work alongside or their visitors, including the consequences of continuing with anti-social behavior.
- Ensure that all communal and outside areas are clean and tidy.
- Cleaning and general tidying of the following areas; main office, reception area, main lobby, staff kitchen and facilities along with additional cleaning as required at weekends.
- Build good rapport with staff across all services to ensure excellent communication and teamwork.
- To share information and expertise with the team, covering absences and working together to provide a high-quality service.
Professional Practice and Development
- Work flexibly to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
- Respect the confidentiality of people we work alongside and be responsible for the security of personal and confidential information.
- Maintain good professional practice and ensure ongoing development, through use of supervision and training.
- To be committed to learning and personal development both as an individual and as part of a team.
- Ensure personal records are correctly maintained.
- Ensure effective communication with staff within YMCA Together.
- Develop the ability to reflect on your own practice and improve self awareness.
- Observe and ensure compliance with the Service Code of Conduct at all times, including professional boundaries and confidentiality.
- Deal promptly with all complaints in line with YMCA Together policies and procedures.
- Uphold and nurture YMCA Together’s Equal Opportunities policy of anti-discrimination across all services.
- Undertake any other duties that may be reasonably requested.
- Carry out all these duties within the organisation’s safety guidelines.
It is recognised that the organisation is operating in a dynamic environment and as such this job description may be varied in consultation with the postholder to reflect the evolving needs of the business and changing nature of the job.
Personal Specification – Bank support worker
- Willingness to participate in training as required/appropriate
- Educated to level 2 or equivalent qualification
- Qualification in IT such as CLAIT, ECDL, ITQ
- Relevant experience in homelessness, housing, health, offending or support services
- A minimum of one year’s experience in dealing with front-line customer service needs
- Working experience of maintaining up to date electronic records and calendars
- Experience of working within a psychologically informed environment (PIE)
- Experience of Trauma Informed Care and of working in a therapeutic environment
- Experience of delivering therapeutic interventions.
- An understanding of the people we work alongside who are experiencing a challenging time in their lives
- A working knowledge of providing support for people experiencing challenging times in their lives
- Knowledge of safeguarding protocols
- Knowledge of working with a housing management IT system, databases and spreadsheets
- Awareness of the barriers that members may display when accessing services
- Awareness of Benefit system, universal credit and welfare reform.
- Computer literate, competent in working with Microsoft word, outlook, windows
- Excellent communication, engagement, interviewing, assessment, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent administration skills and the ability to accurately and concisely record information and write reports
- Ability and willingness to work unsupervised
- Ability to reflect on own practice
- Ability to encourage involvement and participation in activities amongst people we work alongside.
- Ability to work within & have commitment to YMCA ethos, philosophy and SHREK values, Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness
- Committed to improving the lives of the people we work alongside who are experiencing challenging time in their lives across a wide range of services
- Creative and dynamic approach with the ability to “think outside of the box” when providing solutions
- Excellent interpersonal/ communication skills
- Excellent negotiation/ mediation skills
- Commitment to promoting equality and diversity across the service
- Energetic, dynamic and self-motivated
If you wish to discuss this vacancy further or if you have any questions, then please email email@example.com
If you would like to apply for this role please click here APPLY NOW
To download a copy of our application form, please click HERE
If you would like to apply not directly through the website, please email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org