Bank Staff Administrator
Closing date: November 10th, 2023
Bank Staff Administrator
Bank Staff Manager
Hours of Work:
20 Hours per Week – Can be Flexible Around Hours and Days
YMCA Together – Leeds Street
Salary and benefits:
£11,087 per annum
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays per annum (Pro Rata)
- Paid Medicash support
- Birthday Day off
- Spiritual Day off
- Charity day of your choice
- Well-being Hours
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme 4%
- Funded Training Opportunities
- Shortlisting on Monday the 13th of November
- Interview/Assessment Day on Friday the 17th of November
YMCA Together has been voted No1 Charity to work for by our employees in 2022. YMCA is a registered charity and company Limited by Guarantee. We were founded in 1846 and so we build on a long history of providing a place for people experiencing challenging times in their lives.
YMCA Together is a truly value driven organisation.
Our vision is that everyone should feel safe, understood, empowered and positive for their future. We meet our vision by working within our values of Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness. These SHREK values run through all that we do from recruitment to how we work alongside people in our services to our partnership approach with other providers.
Our clear vision and values come together to help us in our mission to inspire and support people to change their lives by instilling hope, valuing the person and maximising potential.
Main purpose of Job
We are looking for a Bank Staff Administrator with excellent organisation and IT skills to strengthen our HR team and bank staffing Manager across all our services in Liverpool.
Our flexible support staff are at the heart of our mission and with you we can continue to support our local communities.
You will therefore be committed to recruiting and inducting an engaged team of bank staff to the highest of standards to ensuring our staff align with our organisational values.
Hours of Work
The hours of work are 20 hours per week and may include some bank holidays.
- Support our Bank Staffing Manager and HR team to organise interviews and take an active role in the administration and participation of assessment days.
- Support the HR team with onboarding administration by sending out Bank Worker Agreements, request references, DBS requests, medical questionnaires and new starter process using our People HR platform.
- To work collaboratively with Managers to organise overtime using our in house scheduler app to source cover for services.
- To assist with bank staff queries as and when they arise.
- Promote flexible working internally and externally promoting the organisational benefits and “refer a friend” programme.
- Work with our Bank Staff Manager to develop and deliver bank staff induction training to ensure they can safely carry out their roles.
- To be a role model and collate feedback regarding bank staff across all services in a kind and respectful manner.
- To support the Bank Staff Manager with reporting of over time for payroll.
- To build robust relationships with local universities, colleges and local communities to ensure we are recruiting a diverse workforce and build YMCA profile which includes advertising roles across the region.
- Monitoring of bank staff placements, ensuring communication and feedback is given.
- Establish and maintain up to date bank records and all associated administrative tasks are completed such as application forms, DBS, right to work checks and supervisions are completed.
Professional Practice and Development
- Attend regular supervision sessions with the Line Manger in accordance with the supervision contract
- Maintain good professional practice and ensure ongoing development, through use of supervision and training
- Respect the confidentiality of service users using the service and be responsible for the security of personal and confidential information
- Carry out all these duties within the organisation’s safety guidelines.
Person Specification – Bank Staff Administrator
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- Excel Level 1
- Data/reporting experience
- CIPD L5
- Experience of safe recruitment practices, leadership and Administration
- Experience of working in homeless services
- Experience of managing projects
- Knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of Database Management
- Knowledge of GDPR
- Knowledge of work-based Health and Safety issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to collate data and manage database packages
- Organised, with excellent planning and time management skills
- Strong and demonstrable people management skills
- Ability to produce and analyse reports.
- Ability to deliver training.
- Must be computer literate in MS Word, MS Excel, MS office and have the ability to learn new software packages.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to provide high quality customer service.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Develop a strong culture in accordance YMCA Together values.
- Develop and sustain excellent working relationships with system users, partners, the city council officers and commissioners
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and passionate about their work
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work within the ethos and philosophy of the YMCA
- Credible, Trustworthy, Reliable, Team worker
Interview/Assessment Day and Shortlisting Dates:
Shortlisting Monday the 13th November
Assessment/Interview Friday the 17th November
If you would like to apply for this role please click here APPLY NOW
To download a copy of our application form, please click HERE
If you would like to apply not directly through the website, please email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org