Closing date: August 25th, 2023
Hours of Work:
9:30-5:30 Monday to Friday
Ullet Road, Liverpool
Salary and benefits:
- 33 Days Annual leave including bank holidays per annum
- Paid Medicash support
- Birthday Day
- Charity Day
- Spiritual Day
- Well-being Hours
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme 4%
- Funded Training Opportunities
YMCA Together has been voted No1 Charity to work for by our employees in 2022. YMCA is a registered charity and company Limited by Guarantee. We were founded in 1846 and so we build on a long history of providing a place for people experiencing challenging times in their lives.
YMCA Together is a truly value driven organisation.
Our vision is that everyone should feel safe, understood, empowered and positive for their future. We meet our vision by working within our values of Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness. These SHREK values run through all that we do from recruitment to how we work alongside people in our services to our partnership approach with other providers.
Our clear vision and values come together to help us in our mission to inspire and support people to change their lives by instilling hope, valuing the person and maximising potential.
The service will provide effective, high-quality care and support to a minimum of 12 people who meet the threshold for statutory care options in a residential setting. residents ,24 hours a day, seven days a week, and 365 days a year.
We ensure that every service we deliver is psychologically informed and underpinned by Cognitive Analytical Therapy offering a wide range of support and assistance that empowers and enables people to have a range of choices and create positive, sustainable futures for themselves.
Hours of work
The service will be staffed 24/7 and the post holder will be working TBC hours a week
Duties and responsibilities
- To be responsible for planning interesting and varied menus providing a balanced nutritious diet, taking into account special or cultural diets of specific residents and their preferences.
- Be responsible for the ordering of food and budgetary control
- To prepare, cook and serve meals to residents, using fresh foods, where possible, as available.
- To organise and control the ordering of fresh vegetables – weekly, fresh meat – monthly, groceries weekly and monthly from reputable suppliers.
- To be responsible or supervise the overall cleanliness of the kitchen, including washing up, cleaning work surfaces and kitchen floor – daily. Dining room tables should be clean before and after meal times. The oven should and hob should remain clean at all times. It may be necessary from time to time to participate in a ‘special’ clean of the kitchen.
- To uphold Health and Safety standards in the kitchen and dining area. To be in possession of adequate food hygiene certification.
- To lead and maintain the application and compliance for the service to meet the environmental & FSA standard and preparation for the Local Authority Inspections.
- To keep a record of food supplies, fridge and freezer temperatures, food-probing results, menus and other information as required by the environmental agency and Commission for Quality Care
- To have full knowledge of the services fire and emergency procedures.
- Attend regular supervision sessions with the Service Manager in accordance with the supervision contract.
- Maintain good professional practice and ensure ongoing development, through use of supervision and training.
- Respect the confidentiality of residents using the service and be responsible for the security of personal and confidential information.
- Carry out all these duties within the organisation’s safety guidelines
The post holder will be expected to carry out other duties consistent with the responsibilities of the post and may be requested from time to time, they will be expected to demonstrate flexibility in all areas of their work. They will be expected to carry out some out of hours duties such as emergencies and meetings called at short notice
Scope and limits of authority
Work within agreed policies recommending changes where necessary and co operate with all other staff to ensure the best interests of YMCA Liverpool and Sefton are always a prime consideration.
Person Specification – Chef – Care Home
- NVQ Level 2/3 in Food Preparation/Catering
- Food Hygiene
- Intermediate Food Hygiene
- First Aid
- IT qualification such as CLAIT, ECDL, ITQ.
- Experience of maintaining records around Health & Safety inc Kitchen and Hygiene standards, temperature monitoring, COSHH
- Evidence of working effectively as part of a team
- Experience of customer service
- ordering of food and budgetary control
- Experience of accommodating for special or cultural diets of specific residents and their preferences
- Administration skills
- Experience of working in a care setting
- Knowledge of work-based Health and Safety issues
- Knowledge of dietary requirement and Nutrition & Hydration in Care Homes
- Knowledge of Food Standards agency & Environmental Health
- Cleaning Standard, Infection Control & COSHH
- Preparing planning meals and food orders
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Team worker
- Ability to work within & have commitment to YMCA ethos, philosophy and SHREK values, Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness
- Energetic, dynamic and self-motivated
If you would like to apply for this role please click here APPLY NOW
To download a copy of our application form, please click HERE
If you would like to apply not directly through the website, please email your completed application form to email@example.com