Executive Assistant and Operations Manager
Closing date: October 23rd, 2023
Executive Assistant and Operations Manager
Hours of Work:
37.5 hrs per week
This is a hybrid role with requirements to work across YMCA Together sites and home working
Salary and benefits:
Between £33,976 per Annum
- 35 days annual leave including bank holidays per annum
- Paid Medicash support
- Birthday Day off
- Spiritual Day off
- Charity day of your choice
- Well-being Hours
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme 4%
- Funded Training Opportunities
YMCA Together has been voted No1 Charity to work for by our employees in 2022. YMCA is a registered charity and company Limited by Guarantee. We were founded in 1846 and so we build on a long history of providing a place for people experiencing challenging times in their lives.
YMCA Together is a truly value driven organisation.
Our vision is that everyone should feel safe, understood, empowered and positive for their future. We meet our vision by working within our values of Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness. These SHREK values run through all that we do from recruitment to how we work alongside people in our services to our partnership approach with other providers.
Our clear vision and values come together to help us in our mission to inspire and support people to change their lives by instilling hope, valuing the person and maximising potential.
The Executive Assistant and Operations Manager will be a highly skilled, motivated and value driven person.
In this role, you will support the good management of our central business functions, including:
- Executive Assistant function to the SLT
- Supporting the Company Secretary and Board to ensure excellent governance
- Supporting the organisation to ensure compliance across all our areas of work
- Liaison with our IT partner
Your leadership, and management oversight will be crucial in ensuring the effective functioning of our organisation
Hours of Work
Services are staffed 24/7 and the post holder will be required to work 9-5 with the option of flexibility over mornings, afternoons and evenings across a 7-day week.
Duties and responsibilities
The specific areas of responsibility are set out below. These are subject to regular review in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation and the environment in which it operates.
- Provide key input and support in ensuring compliance with all funder/ contractual expectations, working with colleagues across YMCA Together.
- Maintain good working knowledge and understanding of relevant regulations, policies, procedures and legislation (including legislation on data protection, the Equality Act and health and safety)
- Liaison with our IT partner to raise and address any issues
- Lead the complaint management process from initial review to full investigation and response, in line with policy
- To develop and maintain a good understanding of the CEO’s, Board and Senior Leadership priorities to enable a proactive focus on managing their internal and external communications role, whilst maximising their capacity to deliver on other objectives
- Manage from time to time all necessary internal and external communications from the CEO and Board, including drafting or sourcing content for, speeches, correspondence, written communications and presentations, working with other departments as required
- Develop a good understanding of the CEO’s external relationship priorities and manage proactive meeting programmes
- Develop good relationships with key external contacts across all sectors
- Actively manage meetings, developing and maintaining an appropriate work plan, negotiating deadlines to minimise slippage, calling for and distributing minutes of meetings and monitoring and implementation of agreed actions.
- Develop and manage the annual work plan for the Board, calling for and distributing high quality papers, minutes of Board, Committee and Working Groups meetings and monitoring implementation of agreed actions
- To support Trustee away days, Strategic Planning days and other events, including
- sourcing a venue, making logistical arrangements and recording action notes
- Support the Human Resource department with the process of trustee recruitment and induction
- To undertake, if necessary, the role of Company Secretary and work with the Chief Executive to ensure that company law, charity law and regulatory requirements are complied with
- Help with proof reading of PQQ and ITT documentation.
- Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority;
- Assist in the updating of organisational policies.
- To consistently maintain executive level confidentiality, operate with integrity and ensure that all organisational policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
Health and Safety
- To liaise with all emergency services when necessary.
- Ensure at all times the safety of yourself and others on the premises in which you work.
- To report, log and communicate all incidents to the appropriate people.
- Ensure adherence to YMCA Together visitor’s policy and procedure.
- To adhere to all risk management protocols.
- Attend to all Enquires and pass messages onto relevant people.
- Develop excellent and robust relationships, protocols, contracts and service level agreements with referring agencies, statutory services and wider stakeholder.
- Contribute to the formulation of policy and procedures in relation to support services.
- Attend and participate in regular team meetings to ensure good communication.
Professional Practice and Development
- Attend regular supervision sessions with the Chief Executive in accordance with the supervision contract.
- Maintain good professional practice and ensure ongoing development, through use of supervision and training.
- Respect the confidentiality of people using our services and be responsible for the security of personal and confidential information.
- Carry out all these duties within the organisation’s safety guidelines.
- Ensure personal records are correctly maintained.
- Ensure effective communication with staff within YMCA Together.
- Work flexibly to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
- Undertake any other duties that may be reasonably requested.
- Flexible and positive approach with all team members.
- To be committed to learning and personal development both as an individual and as part of a team.
- Uphold and nurture YMCA’s Equal Opportunities policy of anti-discrimination across all services.
- Ensure compliance with BPS code of conduct and YMCA values, including professional boundaries and confidentiality at all times.
It is recognised that the organisation is operating in a dynamic environment and as such this job description may be varied in consultation with the post holder to reflect evolving needs of the business and changing nature of the job.
Person Specification – Executive Assistant and Operations Manager
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- Administration qualification
- Demonstrable experience of working in an office environment
- Experience of providing the administrative function
- Evidence of working effectively as part of a team
- Experience of supporting compliance
- Experience of working in the charitable sector.
- Experience of providing the administrative function to a management team
Knowledge & Skills
- IT literate, including proficiency in use of Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate well to people
- Ability to be flexible and to adapt to changing and challenging circumstances, operating calmly and effectively.
- Ability to work supportively and co-operatively as part of a team.
- Ability to show initiative, be self-motivating, formulate ideas and solutions and present them effectively.
- Strong and demonstrable people management skills
- Preparing reports
- Proficient in the use of Excel
- Excellent administration skills including IT skills & awareness linked to Windows software
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Organised, with excellent planning and time management skills
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to collate data and manage database packages
- Minute taking skills
- Confident to present to small groups
- Ability to work within & have commitment to YMCA ethos, philosophy and SHREK values, Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness.
- Energetic, dynamic and self-motivated.
- Ability to travel to other locations to carry out work as required
If you would like to apply for this role please click here APPLY NOW
To download a copy of our application form, please click HERE
If you would like to apply not directly through the website, please email your completed application form to email@example.com