Housekeeper (Care Home)
Closing date: October 5th, 2023
Housekeeper (Care Home)
Hours of Work:
37.5 Hrs Per Week on Shift Pattern
Ullet Road, Liverpool
Salary and benefits:
£20,321 (37.5 Hrs Pro Rata)
- 33 Days Annual leave including bank holidays per annum
- Paid Medicash support
- Birthday Day
- Charity Day
- Spiritual Day
- Well-being Hours
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme 4%
- Funded Training Opportunities
YMCA Together has been voted No1 Charity to work for by our employees in 2022. YMCA is a registered charity and company Limited by Guarantee. We were founded in 1846 and so we build on a long history of providing a place for people experiencing challenging times in their lives.
YMCA Together is a truly value driven organisation.
Our vision is that everyone should feel safe, understood, empowered and positive for their future. We meet our vision by working within our values of Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness. These SHREK values run through all that we do from recruitment to how we work alongside people in our services to our partnership approach with other providers.
Our clear vision and values come together to help us in our mission to inspire and support people to change their lives by instilling hope, valuing the person and maximising potential.
To ensure the cleanliness of the service is maintained at a high standard complying with infection control guidelines. Maintaing appropriate records, restocking and cleaning orders. You will be responsible for carrying out all cleaning duties within the care home including communal areas, resident rooms and en-suites. You will ensure on a daily basis that deep cleaning tasks are carried out to a high standard.
Hours of Work
The post holder will be working based on the individual needs of the service and could include early, late or office hours type shifts 7 days per week.
Duties and responsibilities
To provide a programme of domestic cleaning management including a non judgemental approach to the needs of services users, observing and respecting their dignity, privacy and independence.
The specific areas of responsibility are set out below. These are subject to regular review in order to meet the changing needs of YMCA Together and the environment in which it operates.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness throughout YMCA properties on a daily basis
- Cleaning of all communal areas including staff office and staff facilities
- Cleaning bedrooms and en-suits as required
- Maintain healthy stocks of cleaning products and materials
- Spot clean any spillages, using appropriate equipment and signage
- Perform laundry duties as per Laundry protocol
- Working alongside the staff team where applicable to ensure that effective hygiene standards are maintained 7 days a week
- Operate electrical and mechanical equipment from time to time, including floor polishers, etc. after appropriate training
- Take initiative to perform cleaning and tidying tasks that are not specifically contained within the cleaning schedules but require attention as part of maintaining overall high standards.
Health and Safety
- Liaise with Emergency Services; Fire, Police and Medical
- Ensure at all times the safety of yourself and others on the premises in which you work
- To follow Health & Safety protocols throughout the building, hand hygiene, COSHHH IPC Colour coding, PPE
- To report incidents, in line with YMCA Together licence agreement, including nuisance caused by residents’ behaviour or their visitors
- Use all cleaning materials in accordance with manufacturers printed instructions and COSHH regulations
- To have a knowledge and act according in dealing with Bodily fluids, drug paraphernalia risks
- Report any defects seen which are likely to affect security i.e. broken/cracked window, etc. to the housing services team
- Ensure that all communal areas remain hazard free
- Maintain accurate records in line with infection control, cleaning standards and specifications, cleaning audits
- Attend and participate in team meetings and reflection meetings
- Sharing information and expertise with colleagues, covering absence and working together to deliver a high quality service
- To have a flexible and positive attitude to all team members
- To be committed to learning both as an individual and as part of a team
- Prioritise work load and manage time effectively to complete daily duties
- To work to agreed individual, team and organisational objectives and to work towards YMCA Together performance targets
- Uphold YMCA Together Equal Opportunities Policy of anti-discriminatory practices across all services
- Observe and ensure compliance with the Service Code of Conduct including professional boundaries and confidentiality at all times
- Ensure adherence to YMCA ‘visitors’ procedure
- Prepare for and attend supervision and appraisal sessions with your line manager, taking direction as appropriate and contributing to the development of both you and the service
- To complete all appropriate paperwork and have input into the development and improvement of cleaning processes
The post holder will be required to have contact with a variety of people during the course of their work.
This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive definition of the post, and the post holder will be required to undertake other duties appropriate to the grade and character of the work as directed.
The job description will be reviewed at least once a year and it may be subject to modification or amendment at any time after consultation with the post holder.
The duties may be varied to meet the changing demands of the organisation at the reasonable discretion of YMCA Together.
Person Specification – Housekeeper – Care Home
- A relevant cleaning skills qualification at level 2 or above
- Willingness to participate in service specific training as appropriate
- IT qualification such as CLAIT, ECDL, ITQ.
- Experience of commercial or domestic cleaning
- Experience working in a customer focused role
- Utilising and completing Cleaning Schedules, Audits, and records
- Experience of working within a residential setting.
- Experience of working with individuals with complex support needs
- Best practice in Cleaning standards
- Clear understanding of Infection Control requirements, COSHH, Colour coding, disinfection and hand hygiene and PPE
- A working knowledge of Health & Safety issues and risks
- A clear understanding of the principles of good Cleaning Standards
- Knowledge of health intervention and harm reduction services
- Knowledge of Adult Safeguarding and Professional Boundaries
- Well organised and methodical approach to work
- Computer literate
- Good attention to detail
- Able to manage some lifting and carrying
- Flexibility in response to the changing demands of the post
- The ability to communicate effectively with residents, staff and visitors
- Willingness to take responsibility for standard of work
- Desire to deliver a high quality service
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Able to use initiative to deal with unexpected problems
- Work individually or as part of a team effectively and supportively
- Passionate about working with people
- Committed to own personal development
- the ability to “think outside of the box” when providing solutions
- Energetic, highly motivated with a good sense of humour
- Ability to work within and have a commitment to YMCA ethos, philosophy and values
If you would like to apply for this role please click here APPLY NOW
To download a copy of our application form, please click HERE
If you would like to apply not directly through the website, please email your completed application form to email@example.com