Closing date: N/A
Operational Housing Lead
Hours of Work:
30 hours per week
Salary and benefits:
- £15,444 per annum
- Holiday entitlement is 25 days plus bank holidays, pro rata for part time
- Company Contributory Pension Scheme
YMCA Together is a registered charity and company Limited by Guarantee. We were founded in 1846 and so we build on a long history of providing a place for people experiencing challenging times in their lives.
YMCA Together is a truly value driven organisation.
Our vision is that everyone should feel safe, understood, empowered and positive for their future. We meet our vision by working within our values of Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness. These SHREK values run through all that we do from recruitment to how we work alongside people in our services to our partnership approach with other providers.
Our clear vision and values come together to help us in our mission to inspire and support people to change their lives by instilling hope, valuing the person and maximising potential.
As a member of a team of housekeepers undertake cleaning of the organisations properties and facilities at different locations to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene
Hours of work
The post holder will be working based on the individual needs of the service and could include early, late or office hours type shifts. Monday to Friday including some bank holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities
To provide a programme of domestic cleaning management including a non judgemental approach to the needs of services users, observing and respecting their dignity, privacy and independence.
The specific areas of responsibility are set out below. These are subject to regular review in order to meet the changing needs of YMCA Together and the environment in which it operates.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness throughout YMCA properties on a daily basis
- Cleaning of all communal areas including staff office and staff facilities
- Clean and arrange void bedrooms and flats to high standard for new tenants
- Maintain healthy stocks of cleaning products and materials
- Spot clean any spillages
- Perform laundry duties as necessary
- Working alongside the other housekeepers where applicable to ensure that effective hygiene standards are maintained 7 days a week
- Use electrical and mechanical equipment from time to time, including floor polishers, etc. after appropriate training
- Take initiative to perform cleaning and tidying tasks that are not specifically contained within the cleaning schedules but require attention as part of maintaining overall high standards.
Health and Safety
- Liaise with Emergency Services; Fire, Police and Medical
- Ensure at all times the safety of yourself and others on the premises in which you work
- Conduct routine Health & Safety inspections throughout the building
- To report incidents, in line with YMCA Together licence agreement, including nuisance caused by residents’ behaviour or their visitors
- Use all cleaning materials in accordance with manufacturers printed instructions and COSHH regulations
- Awareness around drug paraphernalia risks
- Report any defects seen which are likely to affect security i.e. broken/cracked window, etc. to the housing services team
- Ensure that all communal areas remain hazard free
- Maintain accurate records in line with infection control.
- Attend and participate in team meetings and reflection meetings
- Sharing information and expertise with colleagues, covering absence and working together to deliver a high quality service
- To have a flexible and positive attitude to all team members
- To be committed to learning both as an individual and as part of a team
- Prioritise work load
- To work to agreed individual, team and organisational objectives and to work towards YMCA Together performance targets
- Uphold YMCA Together Equal Opportunities Policy of anti-discriminatory practices across all services
- Observe and ensure compliance with the Service Code of Conduct including professional boundaries and confidentiality at all times
- Ensure adherence to YMCA ‘visitors’ procedure
- Prepare for and attend supervision and appraisal sessions with your line manager, taking direction as appropriate and contributing to the development of both you and the service
The post holder will be required to have contact with a variety of people during the course of their work.
This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive definition of the post, and the post holder will be required to undertake other duties appropriate to the grade and character of the work as directed.
The job description will be reviewed at least once a year and it may be subject to modification or amendment at any time after consultation with the post holder.
The duties may be varied to meet the changing demands of the organisation at the reasonable discretion of YMCA Together.
PERSON SPECIFICATION – Housekeeper
Qualifications – Essential
- Willingness to participate in training as appropriate
- Full driver’s licence and have access to use of a car with “business use” insurance
Qualifications – Desirable
- Practical cleaning skills award (7139) level 2 or above – or equivalent
Experiences – Essential
- Experience of commercial or domestic cleaning
- Experience working in a customer focused role
Experiences – Desirable
- Experience of working within a hostel/ hotel setting.
- Experience of working with individuals with a history of homelessness
Knowledge – Essential
- A working knowledge of Health & Safety issues
- A clear understanding of the principles of good housekeeping standards
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Able to use initiative to deal with unexpected problems
- Work individually or as part of a team effectively and supportively
Knowledge – Desirable
- Knowledge of health intervention and harm reduction services
Skills – Essential
- Well organised and methodical approach to work
- Good attention to detail
- Desire to deliver a high quality service
- Flexibility in response to the changing demands of the post
- Able to manage some lifting and carrying #
- Willingness to take responsibility for standard of work
Skills – Desirable
- Computer literate, competent in working with Microsoft word, outlook, windows
Behaviour/ Attributes – Essential
- Passionate about people, with the ability to communicate effectively with service users, staff and visitors.
- Committed to own personal development
- The ability to “think outside of the box” when providing solutions
- Energetic, highly motivated with a good sense of humour
- Ability to work within and have a commitment to YMCA ethos, philosophy and values
- Able to work effectively on own or as part of a team
If you would like to apply for this role please click here APPLY NOW
To download a copy of our application form, please click HERE
If you would like to apply not directly through the website, please email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org