Closing date: March 18th, 2022
|Job Title:||Housekeeping Assistant|
|Responsible to:||Housing Services Manager|
|Hours of Work:||30 hours per week|
|Salary and benefits:
|£13,300 per annum – part time, 30 hours per week
Holiday entitlement is 25 days plus bank holidays, pro rata for part time
Company Contributory Pension Scheme
YMCA Together is a registered charity and company Limited by Guarantee. We were founded in 1846 and so we build on a long history of providing a place for people to find acceptance, community and activity. We provide services across the YMCA work streams of accommodation, family work, health and wellbeing and training and education.
Our accommodation offer is made up of: supported accommodation for people experiencing homelessness; intensive support for individuals with complex needs; move on accommodation for individuals closer to independence; specialist service for individuals with mental ill health and a young offenders service.
The offer around family work includes: An Early Years Foundation Stage nursery in Southport; 2 x Liverpool based refuges for women and children fleeing or at risk from domestic abuse.
Our work around health and wellbeing includes a large leisure centre in Southport and targeted health interventions.
Within the training and education workstream, we deliver therapeutic horticulture, animal care and low impact sports at our Dutch Farm project based in South Liverpool.
Our Mission is to inspire and support people by:
- promoting choice and independence
- valuing the individual
- maximising potential
- instilling hope
As a member of a team of housekeepers undertake cleaning of the organisations properties and facilities to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene.
Hours of work
The post holder will be working based on the individual needs of the service and could include early, late or office hours type shifts. Monday to Friday including some bank holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities
To provide a programme of domestic cleaning management including a non judgemental approach to the needs of services users, observing and respecting their dignity, privacy and independence.
The specific areas of responsibility are set out below. These are subject to regular review in order to meet the changing needs of YMCA Together and the environment in which it operates.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness throughout YMCA properties on a daily basis
- Cleaning of all communal areas including staff office and staff facilities
- Clean and arrange void bedrooms and flats to high standard for new tenants
- Maintain healthy stocks of cleaning products and materials
- Spot clean any spillages
- Perform laundry duties as necessary
- Working alongside the other housekeepers where applicable to ensure that effective hygiene standards are maintained 7 days a week
- Use electrical and mechanical equipment from time to time, including floor polishers, etc. after appropriate training
- Take initiative to perform cleaning and tidying tasks that are not specifically contained within the cleaning shedules but require attention as part of maintaining overall high standards
Health and Safety
- Liaise with Emergency Services; Fire, Police and Medical
- Ensure at all times the safety of yourself and others on the premises in which you work
- Conduct routine Health & Safety inspections throughout the building
- To report incidents, in line with YMCA Together licence agreement, including nuisance caused by residents’ behaviour or their visitors
- Use all cleaning materials in accordance with manufacturers printed instructions and COSHH regulations
- Awareness around drug paraphernalia risks
- Report any defects seen which are likely to affect security i.e. broken/cracked window, etc. to the housing services team
- Ensure that all communal areas remain hazzard free
- Maintain accurate records in line with infection control
- Attend and participate in team meetings and reflection meetings
- Sharing information and expertise with colleagues, covering absence and working together to deliver a high quality service
- To have a flexible and positive attitude to all team members
- To be committed to learning both as an individual and as part of a team
- Prioritise work load
- To work to agreed individual, team and organisational objectives and to work towards YMCA Together performance targets
- Uphold YMCA Together Equal Opportunities Policy of anti-discriminatory practices across all services
- Observe and ensure compliance with the Service Code of Conduct including professional boundaries and confidentiality at all times
- Ensure adherence to YMCA ‘visitors’ procedure
- Prepare for and attend supervision and appraisal sessions with your line manager, taking direction as appropriate and contributing to the development of both you and the service
The post holder will be required to have contact with a variety of people during the course of their work
This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive definition of the post, and the post holder will be required to undertake other duties appropriate to the grade and character of the work as directed
The job description will be reviewed at least once a year and it may be subject to modification or amendment at any time after consultation with the post holder
The duties may be varied to meet the changing demands of the organisation at the reasonable discretion of YMCA Together.
This is a part time position (4 days/30 hours per week).
YMCA Together does not accept C.Vs. All applications must be made using the YMCA Together application form. To download the application form please click HERE.
To apply, please email your completed application form to email@example.com