Closing date: June 17th, 2022
Hours of Work:
37.5 hours per week
Salary and benefits:
- £22,664 per annum
- Holiday entitlement is 25 days pro-rata plus bank holidays
- 4% contributing pension
YMCA Together has been voted No1 Charity to work for by our employees in 2022. YMCA is a registered charity and company Limited by Guarantee. We were founded in 1846 and so we build on a long history of providing a place for people experiencing challenging times in their lives.
YMCA Together is a truly value driven organisation.
Our vision is that everyone should feel safe, understood, empowered and positive for their future. We meet our vision by working within our values of Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness. These SHREK values run through all that we do from recruitment to how we work alongside people in our services to our partnership approach with other providers.
Our clear vision and values come together to help us in our mission to inspire and support people to change their lives by instilling hope, valuing the person and maximising potential.
Main purpose of job
The HR Administrator will provide general administrative support for Human Resources across the organisation.
Hours of Work
The post holder will work 37.5 hours each week.
- Assist the HR Manager and HR Director in providing a comprehensive HR administration service
- To act as a point of contact for all employees to the Human Resources team
- To provide an effective Human Resources administration service relating to the employee lifecycle
- Ensure that vacancies are advertised internally and externally, ensuring that the website is kept up to date in terms of recruitment advertising and advertising through appropriate sites
- Co-ordinate HR recruitment systems
- Ensure accurate records of all employees on the HR database
- Provide HR reports as required
- Administer the probation process advising managers when probations meetings need to take place and confirming the outcome of meetings to employees in writing
- Ensuring that managers have appropriate information for the selection process, and provide administrative support and guidance to managers for the shortlisting and interview process
- Confirm outcomes of selection process with successful and unsuccessful applicants and ensure that appropriate documentation and checks are undertaken for successful applicants
- Administration related to all employment checks including taking references, and DBS disclosures
- Assist the HR Manager administer, promote and track employee benefits
- Coordination and organisation of the induction process for all staff, liaising with appropriate managers and colleagues to ensure all staff complete both corporate and local induction
- Ensuring effective DBS administration, including administering online applications, checking documentation and checking DBS Update Service records
- To take an active role in supporting the HR Manager and HR Director with mediation, disciplinaries and grievances.
- Monitor feedback from employees and external agencies
- Ensure agreed reports are produced on a monthly/quarterly basis
Health and Safety
- Ensure at all times the safety of yourself and others on the premises in which you work
- Excellent communication with all YMCA Together employees ensuring your behaviours towards all employees are in line with YMCA Together SHREK values.
- Flexible and positive approach with all team members
- To be committed to learning and personal development both as an individual and as part of a team
- Sharing information and expertise with the team, covering absence, and working together to provide a high-quality service
- Attend team meetings as required
- Develop excellent and robust relationships with external stakeholders and agencies as required
- Uphold and develop YMCA Together Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy of anti-discrimination across all services
- Ensure compliance with code of conduct, including professional boundaries and confidentiality at all times
- Deal promptly with all complaints
- Report all safeguarding incidents
- Familiarize yourself with and ensure compliance with all YMCA Together policies and procedures
- Prepare for and attend supervision and annual appraisal with your line manager taking direction as appropriate and contributing to the development of both yourself and the service
The post holder will be expected to carry out other duties consistent with the responsibilities of the post and to demonstrate flexibility in all areas of their work including the willingness to attend team meetings and training outside of your normal working hours.
It is recognized that YMCA Together is operating in a dynamic environment and as such this job description may be varied in consultation with the post holder to reflect evolving needs of the business and changing nature of the job.
Person Specification – HR Administrator
Qualifications – Essential
Qualifications – Desirable
- Educated to minimum level 3 CIPD
- Holds an Associate CIPD Membership
Experiences – Essential
- Experience of working in an administration role and providing an effective administrative support service
- Experience of recruitment administration
- Working experience of maintaining up to date electronic records and calendars
- Experience of using Excel to produce reports and monitoring information
Experiences – Desirable
- Experience of working within a psychologically informed environment (PIE)
- Experience of working in a Human Resources Department
Knowledge – Essential
- A working knowledge of safer recruitment requirements
- A working knowledge of Health & Safety issues
- Knowledge and understanding of the importance of confidentiality and
- Knowledge of safeguarding protocols
- Knowledge and understanding of the importance of confidentiality and data protection regulations in relation to HR and training data
Knowledge – Desirable
- Knowledge of health interventions
- Workable knowledge of People HR or HR databases
Skills – Essential
- Computer literate, competent in working with Microsoft word, outlook, windows and use of HR database systems
- Excellent communication, engagement and interpersonal skills
- Excellent administration skills
Skills – Desirable
- Analytical, data collation and reporting skills
Behaviour/ Attributes – Essential
- Excellent personal and work organization skills
- Committed to own personal development and CPD planning
- Ability to deal with confidential information and maintain confidentiality is essential
- The ability to work independently and problem solve
- Excellent interpersonal/ communication skills
- Excellent negotiation/ mediation skills
- Committed to own career development
- Ability to work within and have commitment to YMCA ethos, philosophy and SHREK values, Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness.
- Energetic, dynamic and self-motivated
If you would like to apply for this role please click here APPLY NOW
To download a copy of our application form, please click HERE
If you would like to apply not directly through the website, please email your completed application form to email@example.com