HR Co-ordinator (CIPD L3 Qualified)
Closing date: November 3rd, 2023
HR Co-ordinator (CIPD L3 Qualified)
Hours of Work:
37.5 hrs per week working various shifts
YMCA Together – Hybrid Working
Salary and benefits:
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays per annum
- Paid Medicash support
- Birthday Day off
- Spiritual Day off
- Charity day of your choice
- Well-being Hours
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme 4%
- Funded Training Opportunities
YMCA Together has been voted No1 Charity to work for by our employees in 2022. YMCA is a registered charity and company Limited by Guarantee. We were founded in 1846 and so we build on a long history of providing a place for people experiencing challenging times in their lives.
YMCA Together is a truly value driven organisation.
Our vision is that everyone should feel safe, understood, empowered and positive for their future. We meet our vision by working within our values of Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness. These SHREK values run through all that we do from recruitment to how we work alongside people in our services to our partnership approach with other providers.
Our clear vision and values come together to help us in our mission to inspire and support people to change their lives by instilling hope, valuing the person and maximising potential.
Hours of Work
The postholder will work 37.5 hours each week (Flexible and Hybrid Working Available).
As a HR Co-Ordinator you will be responsible for a range of Human Resources administration and advisory services. You will work in partnership with the HR Director and HR Officer to empower our Service Managers and Team Leaders to deal with a range of HR issues and queries. You will have a sound understanding of UK Employment law and HR best practice.
This is a fast paced role and requires an individual to work with many competing priorities, having excellent organisational and communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Managers with the administration and co-ordination in the recruitment and selection of our Volunteers and Apprentices.
- Conduct HR meetings with our Volunteers and Apprentices ensuring they feel supported within their roles.
- Liaise with the Learning & Development Officer, Directors, and Chief Exec/Deputy CE in co-ordination of all training ensuring compliance.
- Take minutes of the meetings for our staff forums within our services and feedback any actions that arise from these to the HR Director ensuring our people have a voice in the way our organisational policies, benefits and services are shaped.
- Provide guidance to managers, team leaders and employees on all organisational policies ensuring the correct procedures are followed.
- Provide guidance to managers for the shortlisting, interview and assessment process ensuring fair and safer recruitment practices are adhered to in line with employment legislation.
- Work alongside the HR officer to co-ordinate assessment and interview days.
- Work alongside the HR Officer to ensure all staff are issued with appropriate documentation such as offer letters, contracts, pension auto enrolment and are fully aware of the benefits and rewards packages.
- Carry out audits of employee files ensuring all employees have the appropriate right to work, documentation, DBS and references are on file.
- Ensuring effective DBS administration, including administering online applications, checking documentation and checking DBS Update Service records.
- Assist with the coordination and participation of the HR induction process for all staff, liaising with appropriate managers and colleagues to ensure all staff complete organisational and service induction.
- Responsible for ensuring effective training administration and coordination of training events; liaising with managers, team leaders, colleagues and external providers in terms of scheduling, room bookings, virtual platforms, bookings, invoices, booking lunches and collating evaluations.
- Taking responsibility for monitoring, updating and recording all mandatory and non-mandatory training records for all staff across YMCA Together in line with the training matrices.
- Monitoring information received from E,D&I monitoring forms received from recruitment process and supporting the HR Director in producing monitoring reports for SLT and Board.
- Providing support and coordination for online and face to face training undertaken, ensuring that appropriate rooms are booked and refreshments are booked and provided.
- With the support of the HR Officer producing monthly reports for the purpose of payroll administration including new starters, leavers and job changes and promotions.
- Advising employees and supporting line managers on a range of employment relations matters such as disciplinaries, grievances, pay and hours disputes, occupational health referrals, conflict management and mediation.
- To take an active role in supporting the line managers with mediation, consultations, disciplinaries and grievances.
- Conduct impartial exit interviews for leavers, communicating feedback to the senior leadership team.
- Take an active role in delivering training alongside the HR Director to support and empower managers and team leaders in handling disciplinaries, grievances, attendance management, handling difficult conversations, mediation and probationary reviews.
- Provide quarterly reports to the HR director on a range of HR metrics including but not limited to retention, turnover, absenteeism, employee referral programme success, training completion rates, EDI and pay equity.
- Attend external meetings and recruitment days alongside the HR team.
- Monitor feedback from employees and external agencies
- Ensure agreed reports are produced on a monthly/quarterly basis
Health and Safety
- Ensure at all times the safety of yourself and others on the premises in which you work
- Excellent communication with all YMCA Together employees ensuring your behaviors towards all employees are in line with YMCA Together SHREK values.
- Flexible, positive and professional approach with all team members
- To be committed to learning and personal development both as an individual and as part of a team
- Sharing information and expertise with the team, covering absence, and working together to provide a high quality service
- Attend team meetings and reflective practice as required
- Attend services regularly building robust and respectful relationships with our people
- Develop excellent and robust relationships with external stakeholders and agencies as required
- Uphold and develop YMCA Together Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy of anti-discrimination across all services
- Ensure compliance with code of conduct, including professional boundaries and confidentiality at all times
- Deal promptly with all complaints
- Report all safeguarding incidents
- Familiarize yourself with and ensure compliance with all YMCA Together policies and procedures
- Prepare for and attend supervision and annual appraisal with the HR Director taking direction as appropriate and contributing to the development of yourself and others.
The post holder will be expected to carry out other duties consistent with the responsibilities of the post and to demonstrate flexibility in all areas of their work including the willingness to attend team meetings and training outside of your normal working hours.
It is recognized that YMCA Together is operating in a dynamic environment and as such this job description may be varied in consultation with the post holder to reflect evolving needs of the business and changing nature of the job.
Person Specification – HR Co-ordinator
- Educated to minimum level 3 CIPD
- Holds an Associate CIPD Membership
- Be committed to attending 2 day and 6-month Cognitive Analytical therapy training.
- L5 CIPD
- Experience of recruitment administration and co-ordination.
- Experience of training delivery and administration
- Working experience of maintaining up to date electronic records and calendars
- Experience of using Excel to produce reports and monitoring information.
- Experience of working in a Human Resources Team.
- Experience of working within a psychologically informed environment (PIE)
- Experience of working in an advisory role and providing affective support service to Managers and employees.
- A working knowledge of safer recruitment requirements
- A working knowledge of Health & Safety issues
- Knowledge and understanding of the importance of confidentiality and
- Knowledge and understanding of the importance of confidentiality and data.
- protection regulations in relation to HR and training data
- Sound knowledge of UK employment law
- Knowledge of health interventions
- Workable knowledge of People HR and scheduling software.
- Knowledge of safeguarding protocols
- Experience of preparing payroll.
- Computer literate, competent in working with Microsoft word, outlook, windows and use of HR database systems
- Excellent communication, engagement and interpersonal skills
- Excellent administration skills
- Analytical, data collation and reporting skills
- Excellent personal and work organisation skills
- Committed to own personal development and CPD planning
- Creative and dynamic approach with the ability to “think outside of the box” when providing solutions.
- A proven track record in developing respectful and professional relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal/ communication skills
- Excellent negotiation/ mediation skills
- Ability to work within and have commitment to YMCA ethos, philosophy and SHREK values, Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness.
If you would like to apply for this role please click here APPLY NOW
To download a copy of our application form, please click HERE
If you would like to apply not directly through the website, please email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org