Closing date: February 27th, 2022
Hours of Work:
37.5 hrs per week
Salary and benefits:
Holiday entitlement is 25 days plus bank holidays
5% employee contribution and 4% employer contribution pension scheme
YMCA Together is a registered charity and company Limited by Guarantee. We were founded in 1846 and so we build on a long history of providing a place for people experiencing challenging times in their lives.
YMCA Together is a truly value driven organisation.
Our vision is that everyone should feel safe, understood, empowered and positive for their future. We meet our vision by working within our values of Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness. These SHREK values run through all that we do from recruitment to how we work alongside people in our services to our partnership approach with other providers.
Our clear vision and values come together to help us in our mission to inspire and support people to change their lives by instilling hope, valuing the person and maximising potential.
Link workers will assist the Practitioners in the day-to-day management of the service, focusing on conducting the intensive housing management element of the role. All staff will be expected to undergo Cognitive Analytic Therapy Skills Training (CAT) this will provide a framework for understanding and working with individuals and colleagues in managing psychological and relational aspects of mental health, personality disorder and high-risk behaviours. Training will also be provided around Trauma Informed Care. These approaches will be used for planning and assessing effectiveness of a variety of interventions and risk management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure that Intensive Housing Management tasks are completed in a timely way and to a high standard
- To build supportive and therapeutic relationships with Service Users through dialogue
- To deliver activity-based interventions
- To support in preparing Service Users to resettle into their community of choice
- To ensure that Housing Benefit forms are completed in a timely manner.
Intensive Housing Management and Risk Assessing
- Assist the Practitioners with the induction and management of their case load taking direction as required
- Ensure Housing Benefit paperwork is completed in a timely fashion
- Update and communicate service user risk assessments in line with YMCA/borough wide policy and procedure
- Assist in the planning of workshops to individuals and groups that inform/ teach service users around how to manage a tenancy, manage a home and live independently
- Creatively engage service users that have a wide range of complex and challenging support needs
- Encourage service users to take part in activities
- Offer a creative but assertive approach in order to seek to re engagement
- Assist Practitioners in the management of personalised behavior / support agreements
- Provide clear, comprehensive and accurate information on handovers to the team making recommendations where appropriate
- Assisting service users in the cleaning of their room
- Complete void checks and get rooms ready for letting
- Maintain accurate up to date electronic and written records
- Post holders must be willing to support clients who display challenging behaviour, including verbal aggression.
Service User Involvement and Engagement
- Encourage involvement, participation and co-production from service users in the running and development of the service
- Provide a safe, welcoming environment with excellent standards and an ethos of service delivery that encourages service users to engage.
Multi Agency Working
- Working closely with Practitioners to promote and encourage pathways to independent living, help prevent mental health deterioration, hospital admissions, offending behaviours and substance misuse
- Encourage service users to engage with services
- Assist with the provision of resettlement support
- Promote and encourage the pathway to independence working to a CAT approach.
- Monitor positive feedback from service users and external agencies
- Ensure referrals to the service are processed thoroughly and within the correct time frames.
Health and Safety
- Liaise with all emergency services
- Ensure at all times the safety of yourself and others on the premises in which you work
- Conduct Health and Safety checks as required
- Report, log and communicate all incidents to the appropriate people
- Conduct welfare checks as specified during your shift
- Adhere to all resident checks, handover and Incident process
- Ensure adherence to YMCA Together visitor’s policy and procedure
- Attend to the fire panel in the event of the fire alarms being activated and the recording and following up of information.
- Excellent communication with all YMCA staff
- Flexible and positive approach with all team members
- To be committed to learning and personal development both as an individual and as part of a team
- Sharing information and expertise with the team, covering absence, and working together to provide a high-quality service
- Attend team meetings as required.
- Develop excellent and robust relationships with referring agencies, statutory services and wider stakeholders.
- Uphold and develop YMCA Equal Opportunities policy of anti discrimination across all services
- Ensure compliance with code of conduct, including professional boundaries and confidentiality at all times
- Deal promptly with all complaints
- Report all safeguarding incidents
- Familiarize yourself with and ensure compliance with all YMCA policies and procedures
- Prepare for and attend supervision and annual appraisal with your line manager taking direction as appropriate and contributing to the development of both yourself and the service.
The post holder will be expected to carry out other duties consistent with the responsibilities of the post and to demonstrate flexibility in all areas of their work including the willingness to attend team meetings and training outside of your normal working hours.
It is recognized that the association is operating in a dynamic environment and as such this job description may be varied in consultation with the post holder to reflect evolving needs of the business and changing nature of the job.
Reference ID: REQ020
Application deadline: 27/02/2022
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
If you would like to apply for this post then please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com