Closing date: December 15th, 2023
Director of Performance
Hours of Work:
37.5 Hrs per Week
YMCA Together – Leeds Street/Hybrid Home Working
Salary and benefits:
£33,976 per annum
- 35 days annual leave including bank holidays per annum
- Paid Medicash support
- Birthday Day off
- Spiritual Day off
- Charity day of your choice
- Well-being Hours
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme 4%
- Funded Training Opportunities
- Date of Shortlisting 15th of December 2023
- Interview/Assessment Day 20th December 2023
YMCA Together has been voted No1 Charity to work for by our employees in 2022. YMCA is a registered charity and company Limited by Guarantee. We were founded in 1846 and so we build on a long history of providing a place for people experiencing challenging times in their lives.
YMCA Together is a truly value driven organisation.
Our vision is that everyone should feel safe, understood, empowered and positive for their future. We meet our vision by working within our values of Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness. These SHREK values run through all that we do from recruitment to how we work alongside people in our services to our partnership approach with other providers.
Our clear vision and values come together to help us in our mission to inspire and support people to change their lives by instilling hope, valuing the person and maximising potential.
Introduction to MainStay
MainStay is a homeless gateway and support IT system operated across the Liverpool City Region. Persons needing homeless accommodation or related support services are assessed and matched to appropriate services who will then accept and offer placements. The MainStay team work with local commissioners and services to agree referral pathways and how support will be evidenced.
Main purpose of job
As part of an existing MainStay team the successful applicant will liaise with service managers and lead commissioners to further develop the system and reports to meet their needs. The role will also involve supervision of members of the team and ensuring the MainStay helpdesk provides high quality support 9-5 Mon-Fri. The role will involve system monitoring, identifying training needs and resources and developing new processes with services. Your role will also be responsible for oversight of existing GDPR processes.
Hours of Work
The hours of work are 37.5 hours per week.
- To ensure system users, and outside agencies receive high quality customer service.
- To identify training needs and provide training and guidance materials.
- To develop the system and provide solutions/processes for commissioners and services. This will include leading in the introduction of new services.
- Supervision of staff and ensuring helpdesk providing high quality support 9-5.
- To monitor existing processes, identifying training needs and areas for review.
- To produce timely and accurate reports for commissioners and services.
- Oversight of existing GDPR and data deletion processes.
- Providing system administration and help desk support to system users of MainStay and related systems, responding to queries received via telephone and email and ensuring team provide high quality customer service.
- Liaison with lead commissioners and service managers to help further develop the system to meet their needs. Lead contact for Cheshire Gateway.
- Monitoring and Auditing of MainStay system to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and processes. This will include highlighting performance issues and providing system guidance where appropriate.
- Making recommendations to the Director of Performance on the development of the service which involves any financial commitments or alterations to service delivery.
- Assisting MainStay team with GDPR obligations and advising services around Information Sharing Protocols. This will include oversight of some existing GDPR processes including the deletion of record, auditing of consent forms. Ensuring these are delegated within the team and completed in line with processes.
- Delivering training and the creation of guidance materials for services.
- Further developing the system and accompanying processes in consultation with existing services. Leading in the introduction of new services highlighting options, making system changes and developing project plans.
- Work flexibly to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
- Undertake any other duties that may be reasonably requested.
Professional Practice and Development
- Attend regular supervision sessions with the Director of Performance in accordance with the supervision contract.
- Maintain good professional practice and ensure ongoing development, through use of supervision and training.
- Respect the confidentiality of service users using the service and be responsible for the security of personal and confidential information.
- Carry out all these duties within the organisation’s safety guidelines.
- Develop greater depth in knowledge of MainStay reporting functions and MainStay configurable settings.
- Attend Leadership Team Meetings.
Person Specification – Mainstay Manager
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- Excel Level 1
- Training Qualification
- Experience of customer service or support.
- Experience of delivering training/presenting.
- Experience of working effectively as part of a tea
- Experience of working in homeless services
- Experience of MainStay
- Experience of Project Management
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of Database Management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organised, with excellent planning and time management skills
- Strong and demonstrable people management skills
- Ability to produce and analyse reports.
- Proficient in use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to collate data and manage databases including learning new software packages.
- Ability to show initiative, be self-motivating, formulate ideas and solutions and present them effectively.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to provide high quality customer service.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Good analytical skills
- Knowledge of MainStay/Homeless Services
- Knowledge of GDPR
- Develop a strong culture in accordance YMCA Liverpool and Sefton values
- Develop and sustain excellent working relationships with system users, partners, the city council officers and commissioners.
- Enthusiastic, self motivated and passionate about their work.
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work within the ethos and philosophy of the YMCA
- Credible, Trustworthy, Reliable, Team Worker
If you would like to apply for this role please click here APPLY NOW
To download a copy of our application form, please click HERE
If you would like to apply not directly through the website, please email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org