Maintenance and Compliance Administrator
Closing date: May 9th, 2022
Maintenance and Compliance Administrator
Health, Safety and Compliance Manager
Hours of Work:
37.5 hrs per week
YMCA Leeds Street Liverpool
Salary and benefits:
- £22,300 per annum
- Holiday entitlement is 25 days plus 8 bank holidays
- Company Contributory Pension Scheme
YMCA Together is a registered charity and company Limited by Guarantee. We were founded in 1846 and so we build on a long history of providing a place for people experiencing challenging times in their lives.
YMCA Together is a truly value driven organisation.
Our vision is that everyone should feel safe, understood, empowered and positive for their future. We meet our vision by working within our values of Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness. These SHREK values run through all that we do from recruitment to how we work alongside people in our services to our partnership approach with other providers.
Our clear vision and values come together to help us in our mission to inspire and support people to change their lives by instilling hope, valuing the person and maximising potential.
The post holder will be based at our headquarters in Leeds Street in Liverpool co-ordinating maintenance and compliance inspections, paperwork and actions plans for the YMCA Together estate across Liverpool, Sefton and Knowsley.
Hours of Work
The post holder will be working Monday to Friday during office hours.
This role will lead a seamless, proactive, and resident-focused repairs service for the homes managed or owned by YMCA Together.
The post holder will be delivering the day-to-day activities of raising works, diary planning for repairs operatives and using software and systems to report on repairs and voids works and resolving any issues or complaints for residents within the maintenance service.
The post holder will support the organisation by:
- Ensuring timely responses to responsive repairs requests
- Ensuring that statutory documentation is completed, and records are maintained
- Ensuring statutory and maintenance deadlines are achieved
- Liaising with the Health, Safety and Compliance Manager in ensuring all tasks are carried out to a high standard and in a timely manner by working efficiently and effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Point of contact for managers and tenants to report responsive repairs
- Support the co-ordination of cyclical works across YMCA Together sites
- Liaise with contractors and managers to ensure all compliance and maintenance works are reported and completed in timely manner
- Develop and maintain compliance and maintenance action logs
- Update and maintain the compliance management system
- Assist with the contractor approval process
- General admin duties, including but not limited to:
- Compliance and maintenance reports
- Minute taking
- Assisting with inspections
- Health and safety training admin
- Update and maintain the accident reporting system.
Health and Safety
- Always ensure the safety of yourself and others on the premises in which you work
- Conduct Health and Safety checks as required
- Report, log and communicate all incidents to the appropriate people
- Ensure adherence to YMCA Together visitor’s policy and procedure
- Adhere to all Risk Management Protocols.
- Excellent communication with all YMCA Together service users and staff
- Flexible and positive approach with all service users and team members
- To be committed to learning and personal development both as an individual and as part of a team
- Sharing information and expertise with the team, covering absence, and working together to provide a high-quality service
- Attend team meetings as required.
- Develop excellent working relationships with stakeholders and contractors to ensure successful compliance at all properties
- Attend meetings with external partners as required to develop the service to ensure all the KPI’s and outcomes are met.
- Uphold and develop YMCA Together Equal Opportunities policy of anti-discrimination across all services
- Ensure compliance with Code of conduct, including professional boundaries and confidentiality
- Deal promptly with all complaints
- Report all safeguarding incidents
- Familiarise yourself with and ensure compliance with all YMCA Together policies and procedures
- Prepare for and attend supervision and annual appraisal with your line manager taking direction as appropriate and contributing to the development of both yourself and the service.
PERSON SPECIFICATION – Maintenance and Compliance Administrator
Qualifications – Essential
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Comfortable with the use of computers and IT including Microsoft Office 365
- GCSE Maths and English
Qualifications – Desirable
- Customer Service Qualification or equivalent experience
Experiences – Essential
- Experience of undertaking administrative tasks
Experiences – Desirable
- Experience working within a housing environment
- Experience of using Building Management Systems
Knowledge – Essential
- Knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of Database Management
Skills – Essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to collate data and manage database packages
- Organised, with excellent planning and time management skills
- Strong and demonstrable people management skills
- Ability to produce and analyse reports.
- Ability to deliver training.
- Must be computer literate in MS Word, MS Excel, MS office and have the ability to learn new software packages.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience in a call handling
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
Skills – Desirable
- An understanding of the construction industry, including trades, materials, processes and safety
Behaviour/ Attributes – Essential
- Committed to own personal development and CPD planning
- Courteous manner towards tenants, customers, and colleagues
- Creative and dynamic approach with the ability to “think outside of the box” when providing solutions
- Energetic, highly motivated with a reputation of being held in high regard by their peers
- Excellent interpersonal/ communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Committed to own career development
- Ability to work within and have commitment to YMCA Together’s ethos, philosophy and SHREK values, Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness.
- Energetic, dynamic, and self-motivated
If you would like to apply for this role please click here APPLY NOW
To download a copy of our application form, please click HERE
If you would like to apply not directly through the website, please email your completed application form to email@example.com