Manager of Bank Staff
Closing date: June 24th, 2022
Manager of Bank Staff
Hours of Work:
37.5 hours per week, over 5 days Monday-Friday
Hybrid- across different services
Salary and benefits:
- Salary of £32,986.77 per annum
- Holiday entitlement is 27 days plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Company contributing pension 4%
YMCA Together has been voted No1 Charity to work for by our employees in 2022. YMCA is a registered charity and company Limited by Guarantee. We were founded in 1846 and so we build on a long history of providing a place for people experiencing challenging times in their lives.
YMCA Together is a truly value driven organisation.
Our vision is that everyone should feel safe, understood, empowered and positive for their future. We meet our vision by working within our values of Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness. These SHREK values run through all that we do from recruitment to how we work alongside people in our services to our partnership approach with other providers.
Our clear vision and values come together to help us in our mission to inspire and support people to change their lives by instilling hope, valuing the person and maximising potential.
Main purpose of job
We are looking for a Temporary Staffing Manager with excellent recruitment skills to strengthen our team of Bank Staff across all our services across Liverpool.
Our flexible support staff are at the heart of our mission and with you we can continue to support our local communities.
You will therefore be committed to recruiting and inducting an engaged team of bank staff to the highest of standards to ensuring our staff align with our organisational values.
Hours of Work
The hours of work are 37.5 hours per week and may include some bank holidays.
- Support our Managers and HR Team in recruitment.
- To work collaboratively with Managers to manage our in house over time app to source cover for services.
- Work with our HR Team to review and develop recruitment and retention strategies, policies and procedures with support from the HR Director.
- To assist on the development of candidate attraction and take an active role in assessment days in line with our organisational values.
- Promote flexible working internally and internally promoting the organisational benefits and “refer a friend” programme.
- Develop and deliver bank staff induction training to ensure they can safely carry out their roles.
- To be a strong leader and supervise bank staff across all services in a kind and respectful manner.
- To effectively gather feedback from bank staff through supervisions, focus groups and exit interviews.
- To build robust relationships with local universities, colleges and local communities to ensure we are recruiting a diverse workforce and build YMCA profile.
- Monitoring of bank staff placements, ensuring communication and feedback is given.
- Establish and maintain up to date bank records and all associated administrative tasks are completed such as application forms, DBS, right to work checks and supervisions are completed.
Professional Practice and Development
- Attend regular supervision sessions with the Line Manger in accordance with the supervision contract
- Maintain good professional practice and ensure ongoing development, through use of supervision and training
- Respect the confidentiality of service users using the service and be responsible for the security of personal and confidential information
- Carry out all these duties within the organisation’s safety guidelines.
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
Qualifications – Desirable
- Excel Level 1
- Data/reporting experience#
- CIPD L5
Experiences – Essential
- Experience of safe recruitment practices, leadership and Administration.
Experiences – Desirable
- Experience of working in homeless services
- Experience of managing projects
Knowledge – Essential
- Knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of Database Management
Knowledge – Desirable
- Knowledge of GDPR
- Knowledge of work-based Health and Safety issues
Skills – Essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to collate data and manage database packages
- Organised, with excellent planning and time management skills
- Strong and demonstrable people management skills
- Ability to produce and analyse reports.
- Ability to deliver training.
- Must be computer literate in MS Word, MS Excel, MS office and have the ability to learn new software packages.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to provide high quality customer service.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
Behaviour/ Attributes – Essential
- Develop a strong culture in accordance YMCA Together values.
- Develop and sustain excellent working relationships with system users, partners, the city council officers and commissioners
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and passionate about their work
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work within the ethos and philosophy of the YMCA
- Credible, Trustworthy, Reliable, Team worker
If you would like to apply for this role please click here APPLY NOW
To download a copy of our application form, please click HERE
If you would like to apply not directly through the website, please email your completed application form to email@example.com