Night Team Leader
Closing date: January 17th, 2022
Night Team Leader
|Responsible to:||Support Manager|
|Responsible for:||Supervision of staff agreed with the Service Manager and the post holder will also carry a small caseload of residents|
|Hours of Work:||38.6 hours a week|
|Location:||YMCA – Liverpool|
|Salary and benefits:
Holiday entitlement is 25 days pro-rata plus bank holidays
5% contributing pension
YMCA Together is a registered charity and company Limited by Guarantee. We were founded in 1846 and so we build on a long history of providing a place for people to find acceptance, community and activity. We provide services across the YMCA work streams of accommodation, family work, health and wellbeing and training and education.
Our accommodation offer is made up of: supported accommodation for people experiencing homelessness; intensive support for individuals with complex needs; move on accommodation for individuals closer to independence; specialist service for individuals with mental ill health and a young offenders service.
The offer around family work includes: An Early Years Foundation Stage nursery in Southport; 3 x Liverpool based refuges for women and children fleeing or at risk from domestic abuse.
Our work around health and wellbeing includes a large leisure centre in Southport and targeted health interventions.
Within the training and education workstream, we deliver therapeutic horticulture, animal care and low impact sports at our Dutch Farm project based in South Liverpool.
Our Mission is to inspire and support people by:
- promoting choice and independence
- valuing the individual
- maximising potential
- instilling hope
Based in Liverpool, your role will be to provide an additional level of operational leadership in the service that ensures that staff are supported to grow and develop within their role. To support the Service Manager to carry out their duties in delivering a service of excellence.
Hours of work
The post holder will be working shift work in accordance with their service rota
Duties and responsibilities
- Supervise a team of night customer support officers
- Managing a small caseload of service users
- Maintain excellent communication with YMCA Together Management team
- Attend fortnightly team meeting
- Lead on the monitoring and reporting of Serious Incidents, Safeguarding and Health & Safety for the service and report back to OLT (operational leadership team)
- Prepare for QAASU inspections as required.
Responsibilities to the Support Manager
- To compile and collate monthly reports on KPI’s
- Ensure YMCA Together complies with contractual requirements
- To give informed opinions and make recommendations regarding support, housing and HR issues that impact on the service, Service Users and staff team.
- To make recommendations to the Support Manager on the development of the service which involve any financial commitments or alterations to service delivery
- Attend and meaningfully contribute to weekly communication meetings with the Support Manager, submitting reports on request
Representing YMCA Together
- Attend all meetings both internal and external
- Attend stakeholder days, forums and other external events
- Represent the YMCA at regional and national level from time to time
- Develop relationships with partner agencies, referral agencies and all other stakeholders
Line Management and HR responsibilities
- Support and develop the capacity and motivation of the team to deliver an innovative and high quality support and housing service
- Monitor the team’s contribution to the collection of rents and ensuring compliance of staff with the HB application process and complex HB claims
- Collate data on the performance of the service and team and make recommendations to the Support Manager to ensure the service achieves its KPI’s
- Allocation of Service Users to support workers to ensure the residents have the most appropriate support worker assigned
- Ensure the induction of new staff to the service
Working with Service Users
- Case work a small caseload of service users.
- Encourage involvement and participation from residents in the development, running and shaping of the service
Health and Safety
- Liaise with emergency services
- Ensure at all time the safety of yourselves and others on the premises in which you work
- Ensure the buildings meet legislation requirements
- Develop trusting and secure working relationships with colleagues, sharing information and expertise, covering absence and working together to deliver high quality services.
- Maintain contacts with local statutory and voluntary agencies and organisations attending/ representing YMCA Together at relevant local community forums, seminars and conferences as required.
- Contribute to the organisations formulation of policy and procedures
- Attend and participate in team meetings to ensure good communications and liaison with colleagues
- Prepare for and attend supervision and appraisal sessions with the Support Manager taking direction as appropriate and contributing to the development of both you and the service
- Undertake own administrative services
- Uphold and nurture YMCA Together’s Equal Opportunities policy of anti-discrimination, and demonstrate a culture of inclusion, anti-discriminatory and anti-racist practices
- Adhere to Protection from abuse policy
- Report and log all safeguarding incidents
- Observe and ensure compliance with the professional boundaries and data protection policy
The post holder will be expected to carry out other duties consistent with the responsibilities of the post and may be requested from time to time, they will be expected to demonstrate flexibility in all areas of their work. They will be expected to carry out some out of hours duties such as emergencies and meetings called at short notice
Scope and limits of authority
Work within agreed policies recommending changes where necessary and co operate with all other staff to ensure the best interests of YMCA Together are always a prime consideration.
Person Specification Night Team Leader
|Qualifications||A degree level qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline, or a significant level of experience
management or training related qualification
|Experience||Experience of working in a setting supporting people with multiply and complex needs who have experienced a period of homelessness
Must be financial literate
|Experience of delivering training
Experience of supervising staff
|Knowledge||Working knowledge of housing legislation, , Health & Safety, protection of vulnerable adults, safeguarding,
A comprehensive working knowledge of the latest best practice in
|Knowledge of day services
Working knowledge of health interventions
Knowledge of Trauma Informed Care
|Skills||The technical ability to:
Manage the day to day running of the service and the issues arising from a 24/7 service 365 days a year
Develop a high quality person centred approach
Develop the potential of individual staff via supervisions and appraisals to facilitate effective succession planning
Must be computer literate in MS Word, MS Excel, MS office and have the ability to learn new software packages
|Behaviour/ attributes||Must have the Interpersonal ability and skills to:
Develop a strong culture in accordance YMCA Together values
Develop and sustain excellent working relationships with partners, the city council officers and commissioners
Develop and sustain sound working relationships with local people and local community groups.
Enthusiastic, self motivated and passionate about their work
Flexibility, adaptability and ability to work as part of a team
Ability to work within the ethos and philosophy of the YMCA