Night Care Worker
Closing date: September 29th, 2023
Night Care Worker
Management of care and support duties and safe service delivery during night
Hours of Work:
38.6 hrs per week (Average) – working over 4 Nights on and 4 Nights off – 12 hour shifts
Ullet Road, Liverpool
Salary and benefits:
- 33 Days Annual leave including bank holidays per annum
- Paid Medicash support
- Birthday Day
- Charity Day
- Spiritual Day
- Well-being Hours
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme 4%
- Funded Training Opportunities
YMCA Together has been voted No1 Charity to work for by our employees in 2022. YMCA is a registered charity and company Limited by Guarantee. We were founded in 1846 and so we build on a long history of providing a place for people experiencing challenging times in their lives.
YMCA Together is a truly value driven organisation.
Our vision is that everyone should feel safe, understood, empowered and positive for their future. We meet our vision by working within our values of Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness. These SHREK values run through all that we do from recruitment to how we work alongside people in our services to our partnership approach with other providers.
Our clear vision and values come together to help us in our mission to inspire and support people to change their lives by instilling hope, valuing the person and maximising potential.
To assist in the provision of effective, high-quality care and support services to the people we support who meet the threshold for statutory care options in our residential setting. To manage the safety of the residents and the building throughout the night period.
Hours of Work
The home will be staffed 24/7 and the post holder will be working a rota 12 hour shifts on a 4 on and 4 off basis.
Duties and responsibilities
The specific areas of responsibility are set out below. These are subject to regular review in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation and the environment in which it operates.
Care & Support Planning and Risk Management
- To introduce and build relationships with new residents, continuing any allocated tasks around inducting residents into the service
- Ensure that residents have a full understanding of their rights and responsibilities during their stay including the need to engage with care assessments, social care and other statutory services
- Support residents to maintain their independence, to achieve their goals and targets as defined/ agreed within their care plans and care plans
- When required update and communicate resident risk assessments in line with YMCA Together policy and procedure including positive risk taking where appropriate, medication management etc.
- Refer to all care and support plans regarding specific person centred needs.
- Provide any elements of personal care as detailed in individuals care plans ensuring that a Resident’s dignity is placed at the centre of any interaction.
- Delegated Health tasks as required based on individuals care needs, (training will be provided)
- Communicate with partner organisations, In some circumstances there may be a requirement to deal with out of hrs statutory and non-statutory agencies
- Maintain Up to date records on day to day paperwork, support planning systems DAVE and in any resident’s files
- Complete regular scheduled cleaning duties throughout the building as timetabled including regular room cleans alongside supporting residents in the management of their room
- Participate in the planning and delivery of any evening group work and activities throughout the setting
- Provide information and advice to the people we support in accordance with their support and care plans
- Motivate and challenge the people we support so they identify and realise their goals
- Encourage involvement and participation among the people we support in the running and shaping of the service provided by planning and attending regular resident meetings
- Deal promptly with all complaints and safeguarding concerns or disclosures
- Provide clear, accurate and good quality information in respect of all residents in line with agreed procedures ensuring that appropriate information is shared with the line managers
- Demonstrate creativity in overcoming obstacles and a commitment to working with and providing support to vulnerable people.
Health and Safety
- To liaise with all emergency services when necessary
- Ensure at all times the safety of yourself and others on the premises in which you work
- To conduct Health and Safety checks
- To report, log and communicate all incidents to the appropriate people
- Conduct welfare checks as specified during the shift
- To complete cleaning duties to an appropriate standard meeting infection control and COSHH requirements
- Ensure adherence to YMCA Together visitor’s policy and procedure
- To adhere to all risk management protocols.
- To share information and expertise with the team, covering absence, and working together to provide a high-quality service
- To contribute to the formulation of policy and procedures in relation to care and support services
- Attend to all enquiries and pass messages onto relevant people
- Develop excellent and robust relationships, protocols, contacts and service level agreements with referring agencies, statutory services and wider stakeholder
- To attend and participate in regular team meetings to ensure good communication.
Professional Practice and Development
- Attend regular supervision sessions with the Service Manager in accordance with the supervision contract
- Maintain good professional practice and ensure ongoing development, through use of supervision and training
- Respect the confidentiality of Residents using the service and be responsible for the security of personal and confidential information
- Carry out all these duties within the organisation’s safety guidelines
- Ensure personal records are correctly maintained
- Ensure effective communication with staff within YMCA Together
- Work flexibly to meet the changing needs of the organisation
- Undertake any other duties that may be reasonably requested
- Flexible and positive approach with all team members
- To be committed to learning and personal development both as an individual and as part of a team
- Develop and/or maintain excellent and robust relationships, protocols, contacts and service level agreements with Mersey Care, referring agencies, statutory services and wider stakeholders
- Uphold and nurture YMCA’s Equal Opportunities policy of anti-discrimination across all services
- Ensure compliance with code of conduct, including professional boundaries and confidentiality at all times.
- To understand and commit to meeting the appropriate quality standards for the service delivery in particularly the requirements and regulations of the Care Quality Commission
The post holder will be required to have contact with a variety of people during the course of their work. The context of this contact will vary from formal ‘Key working’ to informal networking and relationship building with the Local Authority and other relevant agencies.
Annual appraisal and regular work review with line managers is an operational requirement, as is attendance at weekly support team meetings.
It is recognised that the organisation is operating in a dynamic environment and as such this job description may be varied in consultation with the post holder to reflect evolving needs of the business and changing nature of the job.
Person Specification – Night Care Worker – Care Home
- Qualification or working experience in Care or Support Services
- A recognised qualification in Social Care, Health or mental health
- Qualification in Substance misuse, welfare rights
- IT qualification such as CLAIT, ECDL, ITQ.
- An understanding and experience of providing personal care to vulnerable adults
- At least 1 years’ experience of working within a Care or Support setting or similar
- Experience working in a CQC registered care setting
- Experience of coordinating three-way meetings
- Experience of working with end of life
- Experience of resettlement of an individual into independent living.
- Experience of providing personal care
- A knowledge of Health & Safety issues
- An understanding of complex needs support issues such as mental health, homelessness, substance misuse and offending
- Knowledge of Adult safeguarding protocols
- Understanding of how to deal with challenging and chaotic individuals
- A knowledge of how to provide dignity in care
- A working knowledge of providing support and care
- Knowledge of health interventions
- Knowledge of welfare rights
- Knowledge of Psychological Informed practice
- Knowledge of health intervention and harm reduction
- Knowledge of supporting Residents through the care act assessment framework
- A good understanding of the mental capacity act and the ability to make best interest decision and explain reasoning
- The ability to conduct comprehensive and accurate risk assessments
- To provide effective and consistent care and support planning with the people we support
- Excellent IT, communication, interpersonal, interviewing and assessment skills
- Excellent administration skills and the ability to accurately and concisely record information and write reports
- Plan and deliver workshops and sessions to residents, staff and partner agencies
- Demonstrate creativity in overcoming obstacles and a commitment to working with and providing support to vulnerable people
- Ability and willingness to work unsupervised
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
- Analytical, data collation and reporting skills
- Computer literate, competent in working with Microsoft word, outlook, windows
- Committed to improving the lives of people with complex needs
- Committed to own personal development and CPD planning
- Creative and dynamic approach with the ability to “think outside of the box” when providing solutions
- Energetic, highly motivated with a reputation of being held in high regard by peers
- Excellent interpersonal/ communication skills
- Excellent negotiation/ mediation skills
- Committed to own career development
- Ability to work within & have commitment to YMCA ethos, philosophy and SHREK values, Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness
- Energetic, dynamic and self-motivated
If you would like to apply for this role please click here APPLY NOW
To download a copy of our application form, please click HERE
If you would like to apply not directly through the website, please email your completed application form to email@example.com