Closing date: March 4th, 2022
|Job Title:||Service Manager|
|Responsible to:||Director of Community Services|
|Hours of Work:||37.5 hrs per week|
|Location:||YMCA Liverpool – Croxteth Road, L8|
|Salary and benefits:
|£32,499 raising to £32,986 on 1st April 2022
£37,986 to take on the Registered Manager role (This can be worked towards during the first 12 months in post)
Holiday entitlement is 27 days plus bank holidays
5% employee contribution and 4% employer contribution pension scheme
YMCA Together is a registered charity and company Limited by Guarantee. We were founded in 1846 and so we build on a long history of providing a place for people experiencing challenging times in their lives.
YMCA Together is a truly value driven organisation.
Our vision is that everyone should feel safe, understood, empowered and positive for their future. We meet our vision by working within our values of Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness. These SHREK values run through all that we do from recruitment to how we work alongside people in our services to our partnership approach with other providers.
Our clear vision and values come together to help us in our mission to inspire and support people to change their lives by instilling hope, valuing the person and maximising potential.
RISE – Recover, Inspire, Support, Empower is part of a recovery pathway for the city of Liverpool. We work in partnership with New Start to deliver a female only harm reduction service, rehab and step-down service. This role is Service Manager for the rehab element.
RISE is a 33-bed residential rehab for people wanting to become abstinent from drugs and/or alcohol. The service is rated outstanding by CQC.
The service offers a fully integrated model incorporating elements of pre-engagement, a treatment programme and ongoing support, in a supported housing setting, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and 365 days a year.
We ensure that every service we deliver is psychologically informed and underpinned by Cognitive Analytical Therapy offering a wide range of support and assistance that empowers and enables people to have a range of choices and create positive, sustainable futures for themselves.
Hours of work
The service will be staffed 24/7, the post holder will be working primarily between the hours of 9am and 5pm, with the requirement to be on call out of hours.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage the day to day running of the service
- Ensuring Compliance to CQC regulations
- Support and supervise the staff team
- To support the Therapists and Practitioners to deliver their interventions in a genuine psychologically informed environment.
- Maintain excellent communication with Operational and Strategic Leadership teams
The specific areas of responsibility are set out below. These are subject to regular review in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation and the environment in which it operates.
Managing service delivery and performance
- Ensuring that the voices of service users are consistently sought and used to shape service delivery
- Ensure implementation our quality management system so that internal and external standards and reporting requirements are met and external quality marks are maintained
- Acting as an expert ‘trouble-shooter’, providing expert guidance and leadership in relation to complex operational crisis and safeguarding situations involving potential operational, legal and reputational risk to survivors and to the organisation
- Delivering required performance to all contracts ensuring adherence and positioning for successful retendering
- Managing commissioner relationships including identifying risks, assessing and responding to changing requirements by effective negotiation and ensuring performance to contracts is met.
- Lead on the management of health, safety and security in operations
- Acting as the expert lead for organisation on operational activities including where required acting as an advisor with external organisations, policy and focus groups
- Contributing to the strategy of operations and YMCA including facilitating consultation with staff at the service to ensure effective business planning
- Overseeing all activities through local engagement strategy liaising with development, fundraising and services and agreeing fundraising activities for operations
- Overseeing budgets and advising Director of Finance of exceptions and remedial actions
- Developing the expertise and skills of the workforce in alignment with new, evolving and existing models of provision.
- Support and develop the capacity and motivation of the team to deliver an innovative and high-quality support approach
- Monitor the team’s contribution to the collection of rents and ensuring compliance of staff with the HB application process and complex HB claims
- Collate data on the performance of the support team and make recommendations to the Director of Community Services to ensure the service achieve its KPI’s
- Allocation of individuals to Empowerment Practitioners to ensure the most appropriate case worker assigned
- Organise the staff rota and cover for the programme and keep records of sickness, TOIL, rotas and annual leave ensuring the continuity of support for individuals
- Monitor and collate Recovery Practitioners weekly reports, achievement records, risk management plans, support plans, support contracts, accommodation checks, and outcomes to ensure all are reflecting the delivery of high-quality consistent support
- Set individual objectives with the team in negotiation with the Director of Community Services and team members
- Identify goals, training needs and requirements for individuals to ensure successful delivery of the service
- Assist the Director of Community Services to manage disciplinary and grievance procedures when necessary
- Assist with the induction of new staff to the service.
- Promoting and supporting equality and empowerment which underpin our work
- Work within our values and behaviour requirements
- Develop and maintaining positive, collaborative working relationships with all our staff and externally
- Adhere to and co-operate with all our policies and procedures.
Working with Service Users
- Encourage involvement and participation from service users in the development, running and shaping of the service
- Ensure service users receive first night packs, receive an induction and have the support of a buddy/peer mentor
- Hear appeal cases, internal and external complaints as required.
- Attend and participate in regular team meetings to ensure good communication
- Contribute to the formulation of policy and procedures in relation to support services
- Develop excellent and robust relationships, protocols, contacts and service level agreements with referring agencies, statutory services and wider stakeholder.
Health and Safety
- Liaise with emergency services
- Ensure at all times the safety of yourselves and others on the premises in which you work
- Ensure all Risk Management protocols are in place and reviewed regularly
- Ensure all staff adhere to all service user checks, handover and Incident process
- To have a flexible and positive attitude to all team members
- To be committed to learning both as an individual and as part of a team
- Undertake own administrative services and report writing
- Prioritise workload
- To work to agreed individual, team and organisational objectives and to work towards the organisations performance targets
- Sharing information and expertise with colleagues, covering absence and working together to deliver a high-quality service
- Uphold and develop our Equal Opportunities Policy of anti-discriminatory practices across all services
- Observe and ensure compliance with the Service Code of Conduct including professional boundaries and confidentiality at all times
- Dealing promptly with all complaints in line with our policies and procedures
- Prepare for and attend supervision and appraisal sessions with your line manager, taking direction as appropriate and contributing to the development of both you and the service
The post holder will be required to have contact with a variety of people during the course of their work. The context of this contact will vary from formal ‘Key working’ to informal networking and relationship building with the Local Authority and other relevant agencies.
It is recognised that the association is operating in a dynamic environment and as such this job description may be varied in consultation with the post holder to reflect evolving needs of the business and changing nature of the job
For a full job description, person specification and application form to apply for this role, please email email@example.com