Closing date: May 26th, 2023
Supervision of staff agreed with the Service Manager and the post holder will also carry a small caseload of residents.
Responsible for the health and safety and compliance management at Leeds street working alongside the housing services team and service manager.
Hours of Work:
37.5 hrs per week working various shifts
YMCA Together – Leeds Street
Salary and benefits:
- 33 Days Annual leave including bank holidays per annum
- Paid Medicash support
- Birthday Day
- Charity Day
- Spiritual Day
- Well-being Hours
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme 4%
- Funded Training Opportunities
YMCA Together has been voted No1 Charity to work for by our employees in 2022. YMCA is a registered charity and company Limited by Guarantee. We were founded in 1846 and so we build on a long history of providing a place for people experiencing challenging times in their lives.
YMCA Together is a truly value driven organisation.
Our vision is that everyone should feel safe, understood, empowered and positive for their future. We meet our vision by working within our values of Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness. These SHREK values run through all that we do from recruitment to how we work alongside people in our services to our partnership approach with other providers.
Our clear vision and values come together to help us in our mission to inspire and support people to change their lives by instilling hope, valuing the person and maximising potential.
Hours of Work
The post holder will be working shift work in accordance with their service rota
Based in Leeds Street your role will be to provide an additional level of operational leadership in the service that ensures that staff are supported to grow and develop within their role. To support the Service Manager to carry out their duties in delivering a service of excellence. The aim of your role will be to ensure that all housing related duties are correctly managed and that we meet all of the compliance needs for health and safety.
You will also be accepted to be the lead on overseeing the full collection of Housing benefit entitlement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing a small caseload of service users
- Maintain excellent communication with YMCA Together Management team
- Attend, or in the absence of service manager, hold fortnightly team meeting
- Lead on the monitoring and reporting of Serious Incidents, Safeguarding and Health & Safety for the service and report back to OLT (operational leadership team)
- Prepare for QAASU inspections as required.
- Lead on all areas of health and safety and compliance around housing management
- Ensure that all housing benefit is fully recorded, and that staff are fully trained in this area.
- Monitor the safe and effective delivery of needle exchange within the service ensuring that a high quality of harm reduction advice and support is available to all residents .
- To be able to identify training gaps within the support team and support the manager in addressing any unmet needs.
Responsibilities to the Support Manager
- To compile and collate monthly reports on KPI’s
- Ensure YMCA Together complies with contractual requirements
- To give informed opinions and make recommendations regarding support, housing and HR issues that impact on the service, Service Users and staff team.
- To make recommendations to the Support Manager on the development of the service which involve any financial commitments or alterations to service delivery
- Attend and meaningfully contribute to weekly communication meetings with the Support Manager, submitting reports on request
Representing YMCA Together
- Attend all meetings both internal and external
- Attend stakeholder days, forums and other external events
- Represent YMCA Together at regional and national level from time to time
- Develop relationships with partner agencies, referral agencies and all other stakeholders.
Line Management and HR responsibilities
- Support and develop the capacity and motivation of the team to deliver an innovative and high-quality support and housing service
- Line manages the link work and reception team
- Collate data on the performance of the service and team and make recommendations to the Support Manager to ensure the service achieves its KPI’s
- Allocation of Service Users to support workers to ensure the residents have the most appropriate support worker assigned
- Ensure the induction of new staff to the service.
Working with Service Users
- Case work a small caseload of service users
- Encourage involvement and participation from residents in the development, running and shaping of the service.
Health and Safety
- Liaise with emergency services
- Ensure at all times the safety of yourselves and others on the premises in which you work
- Ensure the buildings meet legislation requirements.
- Develop trusting and secure working relationships with colleagues, sharing information and expertise, covering absence and working together to deliver high quality services.
- Maintain contacts with local statutory and voluntary agencies and organisations attending/ representing YMCA Together at relevant local community forums, seminars and conferences as required.
- Contribute to the organisations formulation of policy and procedures
- Attend and participate in team meetings to ensure good communications and liaison with colleagues
- Prepare for and attend supervision and appraisal sessions with the Support Manager taking direction as appropriate and contributing to the development of both you and the service.
- Undertake own administrative services
- Uphold and develop YMCA Together Equal opportunities and Diversity policy of anti-discriminatory practices across all services
- Adhere to Protection from abuse policy
- Report and log all safeguarding incidents
- Observe and ensure compliance with the professional boundaries and data protection policy.
The post holder will be expected to carry out other duties consistent with the responsibilities of the post and may be requested from time to time, they will be expected to demonstrate flexibility in all areas of their work. They will be expected to carry out some out of hours duties such as emergencies and meetings called at short notice
Scope and limits of authority
Work within agreed policies recommending changes where necessary and co-operate with all other staff to ensure the best interests of YMCA Together are always a prime consideration.
Person Specification –
- A degree level qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline, or a significant level of experience
- Recognised management or training related qualification
- Experience of working in a setting supporting people with multiple and complex needs who have experienced a period of homelessness
- Must be financially literate
- Experience of delivering training
- Experience of supervising staff
- Working knowledge of housing legislation, Health & Safety, protection of vulnerable adults, safeguarding,
- A comprehensive working knowledge of the latest best practice in:
- Risk Assessments
- Creative support planning
- Welfare Reform
- Human Resource Management
- Supporting complex needs
- Knowledge of day services
- Working knowledge of health interventions
- Knowledge of Trauma Informed Care
The technical ability to:
- Manage the day to day running of the service and the issues arising from a 24/7 service 365 days a year
- Develop a high-quality person-centred approach
- Develop the potential of individual staff via supervisions and appraisals to facilitate effective succession planning
- Must be computer literate in MS Word, MS Excel, MS office and have the ability to learn new software packages
Must have the Interpersonal ability and skills to:
- Develop a strong culture in accordance YMCA Together values
- Develop and sustain excellent working relationships with partners, the city council officers and commissioners
- Develop and sustain sound working relationships with local people and local community groups.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and passionate about their work
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to work as part of a team
- Work within the ethos and philosophy of the YMCA Together
If you would like to apply for this role please click here APPLY NOW
To download a copy of our application form, please click HERE
If you would like to apply not directly through the website, please email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org