Closing date: July 8th, 2022
Hours of Work:
37.5 hours per week
YMCA Together – Refuge
Salary and benefits:
£27,610 per annum
- 33 days annual leave including holidays
- Paid Medicash support
- Birthday bonus
- Charity day of your choice
- Well-being Hours
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Christmas Voucher
- Company Pension Scheme 4%
- Funded Training Opportunities
YMCA Together is a registered charity and company Limited by Guarantee. We were founded in 1846 and so we build on a long history of providing a place for people experiencing challenging times in their lives.
YMCA Together is a truly value driven organisation.
Our vision is that everyone should feel safe, understood, empowered and positive for their future. We meet our vision by working within our values of Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness. These SHREK values run through all that we do from recruitment to how we work alongside people in our services to our partnership approach with other providers.
Our clear vision and values come together to help us in our mission to inspire and support people to change their lives by instilling hope, valuing the person and maximising potential.
Based in our Refuge your role will strengthen the level of operational leadership in the service that ensures that staff are supported to grow and develop within their role. To support the Service Manager to carry out their duties in delivering a service of excellence in a respectful way.
Hours of work
9-5pm with the flexibility to cover rota shifts as needed.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead a team of Housing support staff and Night Staff within the Refuge setting
- Maintain excellent communication with YMCA Together Management team
- Lead on the monitoring and reporting of Serious Incidents, Safeguarding and Health & Safety for the service and report back to OLT (operational leadership team)
- Lead on EHAT (Early Help Assessment Tool) referrals and meetings.
Responsibilities to the Service Manager
- To compile and collate monthly reports on KPI’s
- Ensure YMCA Together complies with contractual requirements
- To give informed opinions and make recommendations regarding support, housing and HR issues that impact on the service, Service Users and staff team
- To make recommendations to the Service Manager on the development of the service which involve any financial commitments or alterations to service delivery
- Attend and meaningfully contribute to weekly communication meetings with the Support Manager, submitting reports on request.
Representing YMCA Together
- Attend all meetings both internal and external
- Attend stakeholder days, forums and other external events
- Represent YMCA Together at regional and national level from time to time
- Develop relationships with partner agencies, referral agencies and all other stakeholders.
Line Management and HR Responsibilities
- Support and develop the capacity and motivation of the team to deliver an innovative and high-quality Domestic Abuse service
- Monitor the team’s contribution to the collection of rents and ensuring compliance of staff with the HB application process and complex HB claims
- Collate data on the performance of the service and team and make recommendations to the Support Manager to ensure the service achieves its KPI’s
- Allocation of Service Users to support workers to ensure the residents have the most appropriate support worker assigned.
- Ensure the induction of new staff to the service.
Working with Service Users
- Support staff completing Risk Assessments and Safety Plans with clients to ensure safety
- Support staff with the completion of MERIT and MARAC to support clients to ensure safety
- Encourage involvement and participation from residents in the development, running and shaping of the service.
Health and Safety
- Liaise with emergency services
- Ensure at all times the safety of yourselves and others on the premises in which you work
- Ensure the buildings meet legislation requirements
- Support staff and Service Manager completing Health and Safety Audits.
- Develop trusting and secure working relationships with colleagues, sharing information and expertise, covering absence and working together to deliver high quality services
- Maintain contacts with local statutory and voluntary agencies and organisations attending/ representing YMCA Together at relevant local community forums, seminars and conferences as required
- Contribute to the organisations formulation of policy and procedures
- Attend and participate in team meetings to ensure good communications and liaison with colleagues
- Prepare for and attend supervision and appraisal sessions with the Support Manager taking direction as appropriate and contributing to the development of both you and the service.
- Undertake own administrative services
- Uphold and develop YMCA Together Equal opportunities and Diversity policy of anti-discriminatory practices across all services
- Adhere to Protection from abuse policy
- Report and log all safeguarding incidents
- Observe and ensure compliance with the professional boundaries and data protection policy.
The post holder will be expected to carry out other duties consistent with the responsibilities of the post and may be requested from time to time, they will be expected to demonstrate flexibility in all areas of their work. They will be expected to carry out some out of hours duties such as emergencies and meetings called at short notice.
Scope and Limits of Authority
Work within agreed policies recommending changes where necessary and co-operate with all other staff to ensure the best interests of YMCA Together are always a prime consideration.
PERSON SPECIFICATION – Team Leader – Refuge
Qualifications – Essential
- A degree level qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline, or a significant level of experience
Qualifications – Desirable
- Recognised management qualification
- IDVA qualification or relevant Domestic Abuse qualification
Experience – Essential
- Experience of working in a setting supporting people who are victims/survivors of Domestic Abuse
- Experience of supervising staff
Experience – Desirable
- Experience of delivering training
- Experience of supervision a small team
Knowledge – Essential
- Working knowledge of Domestic Abuse, Housing Legislation, Health & Safety, protection of vulnerable adults, safeguarding adults and children
- A comprehensive working knowledge of the latest best practice in
- Risk Assessments – General and MeRIT
- Safety planning with victims/survivors of Domestic Abuse
- Creative support planning
- Welfare Reform
- Human Resource Management
- Supporting complex needs
- Effects and consequential behaviours presented due Domestic Abuse on individuals and their families
Knowledge – Desirable
- Knowledge of day services
- Working knowledge of health and social care interventions
- Knowledge of Trauma Informed Care
- Knowledge of CAT (cognitive Analytical Therapy
- Knowledge of Mainstay
Skills – Essential
- Active listening skills
- Motivational interviewing
Have the technical ability to:
- Support with the day to day running of the service and the issues arising from a 24/7 service 365 days a year
- Develop a high-quality person-centred approach
- Develop the potential of individual staff via supervisions and appraisals to facilitate effective succession planning
- Must be computer literate in MS Word, MS Excel, MS office and have the ability to learn new software packages
Behaviour/Attributes – Essential
Must have the Interpersonal ability and skills to:
- Develop a strong culture in accordance YMCA Together values – Strength, Humility Respect, Empathy and Kindness
- Develop and sustain excellent working relationships with partners, the city council officers and commissioners
- Develop and sustain sound working relationships with local people and local community groups.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and passionate about their work
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work within the ethos and philosophy of YMCA Together.
If you would like to apply for this role please click here APPLY NOW
To download a copy of our application form, please click HERE
If you would like to apply not directly through the website, please email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org