Trainee Relational Detox Recovery Practitioner
Closing date: November 14th, 2022
Trainee Relational Detox Recovery Practitioner
Hours of Work:
16 hours per week
YMCA Liverpool – RISE L8
Salary and benefits:
- £10,574.72 per annum
- 25 Days Annual leave including holidays per annum
- Paid Medicash support
- Birthday bonus
- Charity day of your choice
- Well-being Hours
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Christmas Voucher
- Company Pension Scheme 4%
- Funded Training Opportunities
YMCA Together is a registered charity and company Limited by Guarantee. We were founded in 1846 and so we build on a long history of providing a place for people to find acceptance, community and activity. We provide services across the YMCA work streams of accommodation, family work, health and well-being and training and education.
Our accommodation offer is made up of: supported accommodation for people experiencing homelessness; intensive support for individuals with complex needs; move on accommodation for individuals closer to independence; specialist service for individuals with mental health needs; people in recovery from addiction and a young offenders service
Our work around health and wellbeing includes a large leisure centre in Southport and targeted health interventions.
Within the training and education workstream, we deliver therapeutic horticulture, animal care and low impact sports at our Dutch Farm project based in South Liverpool.
Our Mission is to inspire and support people by:
- instilling hope
- valuing the person
- maximising potential
The post holder will be based in RISE Rehabilitation Service South Liverpool. The RISE is a residential setting for people with substance misuse issues. The service currently offers a fully integrated model incorporating elements of pre-engagement, a treatment program and ongoing support, in a supported housing setting, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and 365 days a year for a minimum of 30 single people at any one time.
YMCA Together ensures that every service we deliver is psychologically informed and underpinned by Cognitive Analytical Therapy offering a wide range of support and assistance that empowers and enables people to have a range of choices and create positive, sustainable futures for themselves.
Hours of Work
The service will be staffed 24/7 and the post holder will be working core hours over 5 days, this may include weekends and bank holidays
Relational Detox Recovery Practitioners will be responsible for holding a case load of residents, who are referred as pre detox service users . Their role will be to deliver evidenced based, therapeutic one to one and group recovery interventions and support which focuses on Pre, during and post detox. All staff will be expected to undergo Cognitive Analytic Therapy Skills Training (CAT) this will provide a framework for understanding and working with individuals and colleagues in managing psychological and relational aspects of mental health, personality disorder and high risk behaviours. Training will also be provided around Trauma Informed Care. These approaches will be used for planning and assessing effectiveness of a variety of interventions and risk management.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Relational Detox Recovery Practitioner will be responsible for managing a small caseload of Service Users and will have to deliver, coordinate, groups and provide comprehensive non-clinical one to one interventions. To promote and support detoxification liaising with the prescribing service
The promotion, preparation and the delivery of individualised, bespoke community detoxification packages across the service will be essential within the role, ensuring that both medically assisted and non-medically assisted community detoxification options are accessible to all service users. The post-holder will provide urinalysis screening, risk assessments, recovery planning and care plan reviews on a regular basis, adhering to titration and prescribing pathways as per standard operating procedures.
- Providing therapeutic support that empowers them to plan a positive and sustainable future.
- To promote healthier life style choices and empower service users to increase their recovery capital to support detoxification holistically (pre, during and post detox)
- To provide effective case management and coordination of the individual recovery plans – with specific reference to detoxification completion and support available during detoxification period
- To promote, prepare and provide detoxification as a viable treatment option for all service users
- Support Planning, risk assessing and safeguarding
- SU Involvement and engagement
- Reporting/ Monitoring
Support Planning and risk assessing
- Support people to achieve their goals and targets as defined/ agreed within their recovery plans
- Manage, update and communicate service users risk assessments in line with YMCA Together/City Wide policy and procedure
- Plan and facilitate evidenced based, therapeutic one to one and group interventions for pre detox, during detox and post detox
- Effectively assess, plan, monitor and review all stages of client’s detoxification journey using designated tools within agreed time scales.
- Plan and facilitate workshops to individuals and groups that inform/ teach service users around healthy relationships, promote healthy lifestyles, how to manage a tenancy, manage a home and live independently
- Recognise personal and professional boundaries at all times and work in line with YMCA Together policies and procedures.
- Ensure people shape their own support and take part in all activities activities that are identified on time table.
Household Involvement and engagement
- Encourage involvement, participation and co-production from people in the running and development of the service
- Provide a safe, welcoming environment with excellent standards and an ethos of service delivery that encourages people to engage
- Ensure appropriate recommendations are made for the use of the Service User Personalisation Budget
Multi Agency Working
- Encourage and support to people with additional needs ensuring all appropriate referrals are made
- Promote and encourage the pathway to independence working to a Whole Family Approach
- Acting as nominated champion to maintain key partnerships and links
- Monitor positive feedback from people and external agencies
- Ensure referrals to the programme are processed thoroughly and within the correct time frames
Health and Safety
- Liaise with all emergency services
- Ensure at all times the safety of yourself and others on the premises in which you work
- Conduct Health and Safety checks as required
- Report, log and communicate all incidents to the appropriate people
- Conduct welfare checks as specified during your shift
- Ensure adherence to YMCA Together visitor’s policy and procedure
- Adhere to all Risk Management Protocols
- Excellent communication with all YMCA Together staff
- Flexible and positive approach with all team members
- To be committed to learning and personal development both as an individual and as part of a team
- Sharing information and expertise with the team, covering absence, and working Together to provide a high quality service
- Attend team meetings as required
- To operate to the care/support plan for residents regarding medication handling and in line with the YMCA Together medication policy.
- Develop and maintain working relationships; including regular three way meetings with prescribing service and detox provision
- To work in partnership with community Pharmacists ensuring clear communication pathways in relation to and dispensing of relevant and appropriate detoxification medication.
- Develop excellent working relationships with the LCC Commissioners and multi disciplinary team and ensure successful delivery of outcomes
- Develop excellent and robust relationships, protocols, contacts and service level agreements with referring agencies, statutory services and wider stakeholders
- Attend meetings with external partners as required to develop the service model and ensure all the KPI’s and outcomes of the service are met
- Uphold and develop YMCA Together Equal Opportunities policy of anti discrimination across all services
- Ensure compliance with Code of conduct, including professional boundaries and confidentiality at all times
- Deal promptly with all complaints
- Report all safeguarding incidents
- Familiarise yourself with and ensure compliance with all YMCA TOGETHER policies and procedures
- Prepare for and attend supervision and annual appraisal with your line manager taking direction as appropriate and contributing to the development of both yourself and the service
The post holder will be expected to carry out other duties consistent with the responsibilities of the post and to demonstrate flexibility in all areas of their work including the willingness to attend team meetings and training outside of your normal working hours.
It is recognised that the association is operating in a dynamic environment and as such this job description may be varied in consultation with the post holder to reflect evolving needs of the business and changing nature of the job
Person Specification – Relational Community Detox Recovery Practitioner
- Significant relevant experience or equivalent qualification
- Qualification or significant relevant working experience in substance misuse, homelessness, mental health, housing or advice
- Qualification in mental health/therapeutic approaches
- Qualification in training
- Qualification in IT
- At least 2 years experience of working within a substance misuse service or support service
- Experience of community or inpatient opioid detoxification
- Experience of partnership working
- Experience of creative support planning and target setting
- Experience of support planning using “The Outcome Star”
- Experience of formulating risk assessments
- Experience of resettling individuals into independent accommodation
- Experience of working within a psychologically informed environment (PIE)
- A working knowledge of Health & Safety issues
- A clear understanding and specific knowledge of complex needs support issues such as domestic violence. homelessness, mental health, substance misuse and offending
- Knowledge of Safeguarding protocols
- Knowledge of “Empowerment Star”
- Knowledge of health intervention and services for women and children
- Knowledge of the Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT)
- Computer literate, competent in working with Microsoft word, outlook , windows
- The ability to plan and facilitate workshops
- Commitment to multi agency working and best practice
- Ability to develop and deliver a high quality person centred approach
- The ability to support service users who display challenging behavior including verbal aggression
- Analytical, data collation and reporting skills
- Committed to improving the lives of people in recovery
- Committed to own personal development and CPD planning
- Creative and dynamic approach with the ability to “think outside of the box” when providing solutions
- Energetic, highly motivated with a reputation of being held in high regard by their peers
- Excellent interpersonal/ communication skills
- Excellent negotiation/ mediation skills
- Committed to own career development
- Ability to work within and have commitment to YMCA Together’s ethos, philosophy and SHREK values, Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness.
- Energetic, dynamic and self motivated
If you would like to apply for this role please click here APPLY NOW
To download a copy of our application form, please click HERE
If you would like to apply not directly through the website, please email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org