Volunteer Activity Support
Closing date: November 7th, 2022
Volunteer Activity Support
Service Manager/Team Leader
Hours of Work:
Flexible across 7 days- TBC
Alt Bank House, Knowsley
- Travel and Lunch Expenses Paid
- Continued Professional Development and Training Opportunities
- Opportunity to volunteer for the UK’s Best Charity to Work for 2022
YMCA Together has been voted No1 Charity to work for by our employees in 2022. YMCA is a registered charity and company Limited by Guarantee. We were founded in 1846 and so we build on a long history of providing a place for people experiencing challenging times in their lives.
YMCA Together is a truly value driven organisation.
Our vision is that everyone should feel safe, understood, empowered and positive for their future. We meet our vision by working within our values of Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness. These SHREK values run through all that we do from recruitment to how we work alongside people in our services to our partnership approach with other providers.
Our clear vision and values come together to help us in our mission to inspire and support people to change their lives by instilling hope, valuing the person and maximising potential.
Main purpose of our Volunteer Activities
We are looking for a Volunteer Activities organiser who will assist alongside our fantastic support team to deliver activities to the people who live in Alt Bank House.
To ensure our SHREK values are embedded in the role of Volunteer Activities we would want you to adopt a person-centred approach working alongside our clients and colleagues.
We would therefore encourage applicants to be able to support collaboration within their role and in turn you will gain valuable social care experience within a diverse and inclusive environment.
As Volunteer Activities you will support with:
- Understanding your role as volunteer activities organiser and how you can support the fantastic support team at Alt Bank House.
- Reporting to the volunteer co-ordinator if you have concerns around safeguarding, confidentiality, or professional boundaries (Training provided)
- Adhering to Health & Safety policies whilst carrying out duties (Training provided)
- Completing the relevant induction training and asking questions if you are uncertain about anything
- Duties assigned by service manager/volunteer lead and reporting any issues immediately
- Arriving on time for duty and remaining professional in your interactions with all associated with YMCA Together
- Making recommendations for improvement where feasible and appropriate
- Delivering presentations or reports if necessary.
- Communicating with the service manager or volunteer lead when you are running late or unable to fulfil your duties
Hours of Volunteering
We aim to be as flexible as possible around hours as we appreciate our Volunteers are dedicating their own time to come and be with us.
However, we would ask a minimum of 2 hours per week as a minimum.
Professional Practice and Development
This role offers an opportunity to gain quality experience in a social care setting
We will provide you access to our tailored Training Portal Cademi which offers you continued professional development.
The role will give you practical hands-on knowledge of working within and alongside a Psychologically Informed Environment.
We will provide you with a reference and paid expenses and process your DBS.
Applicants will need:
- Completed Volunteer Application Form to email@example.com
- Documents for DBS Process DBS ID checking guidelines – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)