Closing date: May 19th, 2022
Hours of Work:
37.5 hours per week, over 5 days Monday-Friday
Hybrid- across different services
Salary and benefits:
- £27,610 per annum
- Holiday entitlement is 25 days plus 8 bank holidays
- Company Contributory Pension Scheme
YMCA Together is a registered charity and company Limited by Guarantee. We were founded in 1846 and so we build on a long history of providing a place for people experiencing challenging times in their lives.
YMCA Together is a truly value driven organisation.
Our vision is that everyone should feel safe, understood, empowered and positive for their future. We meet our vision by working within our values of Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness. These SHREK values run through all that we do from recruitment to how we work alongside people in our services to our partnership approach with other providers.
Our clear vision and values come together to help us in our mission to inspire and support people to change their lives by instilling hope, valuing the person and maximising potential.
We hope to grow our team of volunteers across all our services across Liverpool. Volunteers are at the heart of our mission and with you we can continue to support our local communities.
We are looking for a kind and empathetic volunteer co-ordinator with excellent organisational and communication skills. You will be committed to delivering an engaging programme in line with our core values which is both rewarding and safe for our volunteers.
Hours of Work
The hours of work are 37.5 hours per week and may include some bank holidays.
- Support our Managers and HR Team in volunteer recruitment
- Work with our HR Team to develop a volunteer recruitment and volunteer engagement strategy
- Build and maintain positive and strong relationships with a range of external volunteer sources
- Promote volunteering internally and externally and that the impact of our volunteers is celebrated
- Develop, deliver and co-ordinate all volunteer training to ensure volunteers can safely carry out their roles
- To be a strong leader and supervise volunteers across all services in a kind and respectful manner
- Develop new volunteering policies and procedures and review of current volunteers across the organisation
- Monitoring of volunteer placements, ensuring communication and feedback is given
- Establish and maintain up to date resource bank of volunteers and all associated administrative tasks are completed such as application forms, DBS, right to work checks and supervisions are completed.
Professional Practice and Development
- Attend regular supervision sessions with the Line Manger in accordance with the supervision contract
- Maintain good professional practice and ensure ongoing development, through use of supervision and training
- Respect the confidentiality of service users using the service and be responsible for the security of personal and confidential information
- Carry out all these duties within the organisation’s safety guidelines.
It is recognised that the association is operating in a dynamic environment and as such this job description may be varied in consultation with the post holder to reflect evolving needs of the business and changing nature of the job.
PERSON SPECIFICATION – Volunteer Co-ordinator
Qualifications – Essential
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
Qualifications – Desirable
- Excel Level 1
- Data/reporting experience
Experiences – Essential
- Experience of Administration
Experiences – Desirable
- Experience of working in homeless services
- Experience of managing projects
Knowledge – Essential
- Knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of Database Management
Knowledge – Desirable
- Knowledge of GDPR
- Knowledge of work-based Health and Safety issues
Skills – Essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to collate data and manage database packages
- Organised, with excellent planning and time management skills
- Strong and demonstrable people management skills
- Ability to produce and analyse reports.
- Ability to deliver training.
- Must be computer literate in MS Word, MS Excel, MS office and have the ability to learn new software packages.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to provide high quality customer service
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
Behaviour/ Attributes – Essential
- Develop a strong culture in accordance YMCA Together values.
- Develop and sustain excellent working relationships with system users, partners, the city council officers and commissioners
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and passionate about their work
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work within the ethos and philosophy of the YMCA
- Credible, Trustworthy, Reliable, Team worker
If you would like to apply for this role please click here APPLY NOW
To download a copy of our application form, please click HERE
If you would like to apply not directly through the website, please email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org