Closing date: February 18th, 2024
Service Manager/HR Co-Ordinator
Hours of Work:
Friday only. Hours TBC
- Paid travel to and from the service
- Lunch provided where appropriate
- Training courses tailored to your role such as, safeguarding, health and safety and professional boundaries
- Volunteer support group
- Online application form returned 18th February 2024
YMCA Together has been voted No1 Charity to work for by our employees in 2022. YMCA is a registered charity and company Limited by Guarantee. We were founded in 1846 and so we build on a long history of providing a place for people experiencing challenging times in their lives.
YMCA Together is a truly value driven organization.
Our vision is that everyone should feel safe, understood, empowered and positive for their future. We meet our vision by working within our values of Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness. These SHREK values run through all that we do from recruitment to how we work alongside people in our services to our partnership approach with other providers.
Our clear vision and values come together to help us in our mission to inspire and support people to change their lives by instilling hope, valuing the person and maximizing potential.
To work as part of the team to enhances the lives of our residents to encourage engagement and enable our support staff to maintain quality services. The volunteer will develop positive relationships with residents across YMCA Together services by supporting social interaction and mental stimulation for residents within service experiencing challenging times. The volunteer will help facilitate and co-ordinate activities and events with the focus on supporting the residents to engage in these activities and socialize with the team and other residents.
Hours of Work
Minimum of 2 set hours per week.
Duties and responsibilities
The specific areas of responsibility are set out below. These are subject to regular review in order to meet the changing needs of the organization and the environment in which it operates.
- Act as a chaperone for residents on various visits outside of the service.
- Prioritise residents’ safety during outings, making appropriate arrangements for transportation and accessibility. Encourage social interactions by organizing group outings, providing opportunities for residents to engage with each other and the wider community.
- Develop effective communication skills to engage residents in conversations during outings, enhancing their overall experience.
- Establish a feedback loop to gather residents’ thoughts and reflections on outings, ensuring continuous improvement and responsiveness to their needs.
- Be adaptable to residents’ preferences and changing circumstances, allowing for spontaneity and flexibility in planning activities.
- Be culturally sensitive when planning outings, considering diverse backgrounds and preferences among residents.
- Responsible for supporting the engagement and involvement of residents across YMCA Together services
- Facilitate residents to build their skills and confidence, so that their participation and contributions are maximised and that they can express their views
- The post holder may be required to undertake additional duties commensurate with the level of this role.
- Ensure that all activity and engagement with residents complies with safeguarding legislation, policies and procedures.
Health and Safety
- Ensure at all times the safety of yourself and others on the premises in which you volunteer
- Report, log and communicate all incidents to the appropriate people
- Ensure adherence to YMCA Together policies and procedures when conducting activities, carrying out risk assessments prior to activities taking place.
- Uphold and develop YMCA Equal Opportunities policy of anti discrimination across all services
- Ensure compliance with code of conduct, including professional boundaries and confidentiality at all times
- Report all safeguarding incidents
- Familiarise yourself with and ensure compliance with all YMCA policies and procedures.
The volunteer will be expected to carry out other duties consistent with the responsibilities of the volunteer post and to demonstrate flexibility in all areas of their work including the willingness to attend training if required.
It is recognised that the association operates in a dynamic environment and as such this role description may be varied in consultation with the volunteer to reflect the evolving needs of the business and changing nature of the role.
Person Specification – Engagement & Activities Volunteer
- Committed to improving the lives of people in recovery
- Committed to own personal development and CPD planning
- Creative and dynamic approach with the ability to “think outside of the box” when providing solutions
- Energetic, highly motivated with a reputation of being held in high regard by their peers
- Excellent interpersonal/ communication skills
- Excellent negotiation/ mediation skills
- Committed to own career development
- Ability to work within and have commitment to YMCA ethos, philosophy and SHREK values, Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness.
- Energetic, dynamic and self-motivated
If you would like to apply for this role please click here APPLY NOW
To download a copy of our application form, please click HERE
If you would like to apply not directly through the website, please email your completed application form to email@example.com