Customer Support Officer (Evenings)
Closing date: February 15th, 2023
Customer Support Officer (Evenings)
Hours of Work:
YMCA Together Leeds Street
Salary and benefits:
- £7,722 per annum
- 25 Days Annual leave including holidays per annum
- Paid Medicash support
- Birthday bonus
- Charity day of your choice
- Well-being Hours
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Christmas Voucher
- Company Pension Scheme 4%
- Funded Training Opportunities
- Hardship/DTH Loan
YMCA Together is a registered charity and company Limited by Guarantee. We were founded in 1846 and so we build on a long history of providing a place for people experiencing challenging times in their lives.
YMCA Together is a truly value driven organisation.
Our vision is that everyone should feel safe, understood, empowered and positive for their future. We meet our vision by working within our values of Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness. These SHREK values run through all that we do from recruitment to how we work alongside people in our services to our partnership approach with other providers.
Our clear vision and values come together to help us in our mission to inspire and support people to change their lives by instilling hope, valuing the person and maximising potential.
To assist in the provision of effective high quality support services to complex, challenging individuals whom present with homelessness, mental health, substance misuse and offending behaviour with the aim of promoting independent living.
We operate a” flexible hostel approach” so that behaviours that would normally result in eviction with a return to homelessness and rough sleeping are tackled creatively to address the behaviour without rejecting the individuals. Post holders must be willing to support residents who display challenging behaviour, including verbal aggression
We ensure that every service we deliver is psychologically informed and underpinned by two approaches, Cognitive Analytical Therapy and Trauma Informed Care.
Duties and responsibilities
The post holder will provide front desk services for residents, dealing with their daily requests for information and assistance, management of the telephone system, the taking and recording of rents and other payments, the monitoring and signing in of resident’s visitors, contractors and external agencies.
They will have responsibility for the monitoring of security, health and safety of the building including conducting health and safety checks and audits as directed.
Health and Safety
- To liaise with all emergency services when necessary
- At all times ensure the safety of yourself and others on the premises in which you work
- To conduct Health and Safety checks as required
- To report, log and communicate all incidents to the appropriate people in line with YMCA Together
- Tackle any nuisance caused by residents’ behaviour or their visitors, including the consequences of continuing with anti-social behaviour
- Attend to the fire panel in the event of the fire alarms being activated and the recording and following up of information
- Ensure adherence to YMCA Together visitor’s policy and procedure
- Ensure compliance with code of conduct, including professional boundaries and confidentiality at all times
- Deal promptly with all complaints
- Report all safeguarding incidents
- Familiarise yourself with and ensure compliance with all YMCA policies and procedures
Professional Practice and Development
- Attend regular supervision sessions with the Line Manager in accordance with the supervision contract
- Maintain good professional practice and ensure ongoing development, through use of supervision and training
- Respect the confidentiality of residents using the service and be responsible for the security of personal and confidential information
- Carry out all these duties within the organisation’s safety guidelines
- Ensure personal records are correctly maintained
- Ensure effective communication with staff within YMCA Together
- Work flexibly to meet the changing needs of the organisation
- Undertake any other duties that may be reasonably requested
- Flexible and positive approach with all team members
- To be committed to learning and personal development both as an individual and as part of a team
- Observe and ensure compliance with the Service Code of Conduct, to include professional boundaries and the confidentiality of information at all times
- Ensure adherence to YMCA ‘Visitors’ procedure
- Dealing promptly with all complaints in line with YMCA policies and procedures
- Uphold and nurture YMCA’s Equal Opportunities policy of anti-discrimination across all Services
The post holder will be expected to carry out other duties consistent with the responsibilities of the post and to demonstrate flexibility in all areas of their work including the willingness to attend team meetings and training outside of your normal working hours.
It is recognised that the organisation is operating in a dynamic environment and as such this job description may be varied in consultation with the post holder to reflect evolving needs of the business and changing nature of the job.
Person Specification – Customer Support Officer
- Educated to NVQ level 2 or equivalent
- Qualification in housing
- Qualification in IT
- NVQ in Customer Service
- Minimum of 1 year’s experience of working in hostels and or support services
- Experience of partnership working
- Working experience of maintaining up to date electronic records and calendars
- Experience of dealing with customer enquiries
- Experience of working within a psychologically informed environment (PIE)
- Experience of formulating risk assessments
- A working knowledge of Health & Safety issues
- Knowledge of safeguarding protocols
- Knowledge and understanding of how to deal with challenging individuals
- Knowledge of health interventions Knowledge of welfare rights and benefits
- Computer literate, competent in working with Microsoft word, outlook, windows
- Excellent communication, engagement and interpersonal skills
- Excellent administration skills
- Ability and willingness to work unsupervised
- Ability to encourage involvement and participation from residents
- Committed to improving the lives of people with complex needs
- Committed to own personal development and CPD planning
- Creative and dynamic approach with the ability to “think outside of the box” when providing solutions
- Energetic, highly motivated with a reputation of being held in high regard by their peers
- Excellent interpersonal/ communication skills
- Excellent negotiation/ mediation skills
- Committed to own career development
- Ability to work within and have commitment to YMCA ethos, philosophy and SHREK values, Strength, Humility, Respect, Empathy and Kindness.
- Energetic, dynamic and self-motivated
If you would like to apply for this role please click here APPLY NOW
To download a copy of our application form, please click HERE
If you would like to apply not directly through the website, please email your completed application form to email@example.com